Halloween

Feb 11, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
So we have been invited to a halloween party and you must dress up. I'm not big on dressing up and that sort of thing. Does anybody have any ideas that would be easy to do and not make me feel like a total dweeb?

Get a Grim Reaper outfit.
I have one. It kicks ass. I even have a sickle that I bought at Home Depot and painted black (the blade's silver).
This costume rules because no one will know who you are (I have a skull/hooded mask). And they'll be scared of you.

Last year I was a hunting accident victim, lol. I just wore some old cheesy hunting clothes and got one of those fake arrow things that makes it look like you have an arrow stuck through you, put some fake blood around it and I was good to go. Everyone there thought it was a cool idea.

old hat, old sweater, old work pants, old glove with knives and walla Freddy Krueger.

or old fur coat, funky hat and some fake bling bling, poof your a pimp.

Star Wars characters are pretty easy. Just wear a biege turtleneck and a brown terry cloth bathrobe, and next thing you know, you're a Jedi.

I'm getting married on Oct 30th (holy crap, only 36 more days of freedom!).
So we decided to put subtle Halloween themes into the reception. Nothing too extreme, like namely having the Misfits as a wedding band. But we're going to have those masquerade mask-on-a-stick thingy's as a party favor. With any luck the DJ will play "Dance of Death."

CyThrax said:
Go in black sweat pants and sweat shirt. Paint yellow stripes down your shirt/pants and glue matchbox cars on each side.
When you mentioned black with yellow stripes I thought you were going to suggest he be a killer B.

How much are you willing to spend and how good of friends are these? Because I have an idea that I can't use that will get some serious stares and probably a best costume prize in some crowds, but a damning straight to hell in others. It'll also involve some work.

One year, my sister and I were totally cheap:I wore a trench coat, sunglasses, and an old 40's hat and said I was the invisible man. she wore a fuzzy green sweater, green pants, and stuck a few peices of aluminum foil randomly on herself and told everyone she was a leftover!!!

Ragamuffin said:
How much are you willing to spend and how good of friends are these? Because I have an idea that I can't use that will get some serious stares and probably a best costume prize in some crowds, but a damning straight to hell in others. It'll also involve some work.
If its cool enough and will be fun it would be worth it. Lets hear the details :)

Alright, this is a long process, and I have to admit it's not originally my idea. But since I can't remember where I stole it from, fuck 'em.

First you have to find a costume shop. There's probably one opening in your local mall. Go buy a priests shirt and collar.

Now go to a toy store (like a Toys R Us, something big) and head to the doll section.Find the biggest male doll you can find. Life size would be good, bigger would be even better for the exagerated feel. If you can't find life size you may have to go to someplace like Michaels and buy just a head and then go to KMart or something and buy a shirt and a pair of boys pants and stuff them.

Now, sew the doll (or the clothes) with the face inward to the crotch on a pair of black pants. Put on the preachers collar and shirt. Voiala, offensive hilarious costume.

I have a Klingon costume actually made from the same pattern as the turtleheads on the show...... I have the blade to.