Hammerfall Vs Edguy

Flame_Child

New Metal Member
Sep 1, 2003
Marske
Visit site
When i heard for the first time that Hammerfall would not be attemding Bloodstock 03 i was at the least, mortified. Especially when i heard the replacement would be Edguy a group i had not heard of up to this point.

I was extremely pleseantly suprised as they were fantastic and along with Dragon Force stole the show. Am i alone or had anyone else forgoten about Hammers as soon as Edguy started up.

Other nice suprises were Mercury Rain, Cruel Humanity and Paradise lost.

Edguy were the highlight of my weekend! Already a big fan I was more than happy that they were selected as Hammerfall's replacement. Infact it made me dance round the room when I heard the news!! If you were at the front for Edguy and you were at the left side of the stage near Dirk and Tobi E I was the lady with the blonde hair in the black shirt who was going mental all the way through the set...oh and the one who had to make dash for car parking just before they came on stage!!

I'm looking forward to Hammerfall next year. However, if we apply the one year off rule...may we please get Gamme Ray back for 2004!!!!! :D

I liked Edguy a lot, but I still far prefer Hammerfall. However, it's nice to be introduced to a new band, and I hadn't heard of Edguy before Bloodstock.

edguy were a great surprise, i planned to go whatch fulc and only see the start of edguy, give em a chance b4 i went for fulc, but i ended up missin the fulc set, aside from the last 15 mins which where fantastic by the way, but i was amazed by edguy, loved them, glad they played as hammerfall will play next year so edguy being a last min replacement prolly wouldnt have played bs in ages werent for that:)

Ahem, I thought Edguy were great, though I'd never heard of them before Bloodstock and only caught the last 4 songs or so because of the Nightwish queue! I will definately buy the album. And please yes, let's have Gamma Ray and Freedom Call back next year!