Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine

Still have not bought this CD but going by the 2 tracks on their website; INSECT and DOOMED PARADE it should be a scorcher.

And the show tonight should be good. Curious on how good they are live. If they play INSECT ... I will be happy. Will pick up the August Engine if they sell it at the show.

lurch70 said:
Still have not bought this CD but going by the 2 tracks on their website; INSECT and DOOMED PARADE it should be a scorcher.

And the show tonight should be good. Curious on how good they are live. If they play INSECT ... I will be happy. Will pick up the August Engine if they sell it at the show.

Ya, and you better fucking let us know how it went! Where is there tour date list?

i went to the show ... took a shitload of pics ... this band is the next big thing to happen ... kids going apeshit ... i felt like 17 again .... this band is smoking live .... i don't even have their CD's .... amazing live band ... don't take themselves too seriously ... but play their asses off. JayKeeley had a grin all night that is documented in some of my pics.

Will post those later, when i get the camera out of my car.

BTW: The keyboard player is HOTTTTT! Mama Mia!

lurch70 said:
i went to the show ... took a shitload of pics ... this band is the next big thing to happen ... kids going apeshit ... i felt like 17 again .... this band is smoking live .... i don't even have their CD's .... amazing live band ... don't take themselves too seriously ... but play their asses off. JayKeeley had a grin all night that is documented in some of my pics.

Will post those later, when i get the camera out of my car.

BTW: The keyboard player is HOTTTTT! Mama Mia!
All I can say is this: :kickass:

Will post some pics and do a quickie write up later...still recovering, heh.

The Bastard CD - few copies left. The August Engine CD - totally sold out on this tour, but they have the glorious looking vinyl version. I am kicking myself for not just picking this up last night. If you go, I'd be grateful if you could pick me up a vinyl.

And they also had a long sleeve Bastard shirt, August Engine T-shirt, and 3 or 4 different patches.

I'll be going to the Phoenix show (8/7) and am willing to pick up stuff for anyone, but I'm not sure how many want to risk vinyl sitting in a car during an Arizona August.

JayKeeley said:
The Bastard CD - few copies left. The August Engine CD - totally sold out on this tour, but they have the glorious looking vinyl version. I am kicking myself for not just picking this up last night. If you go, I'd be grateful if you could pick me up a vinyl.

And they also had a long sleeve Bastard shirt, August Engine T-shirt, and 3 or 4 different patches.
Barring a disaster, I'll pic up a record for both of us.

Geez, Erik, isn't it like 4am for you? You are too metal even for me. :kickass:

Anyway, for those into patches, have you checked out the patches section on Martyr Music's website? Very cool patches indeed.....

Anyway, here's the HoM patches:

hood_patch.jpg

HoM_ptch.jpg

guillotine_ptch.jpg

claw_patch.jpg

I like the less is more approach. Those in the know will recognize those patches from afar.

I do, just haven't seen those patches before.

I regularly sport this beanie even, which arrived covered in dog hair and pubes:

hat.gif

(first beanie I've ever washed before wearing :tickled: )

You will definitely like The Bastard. Methinks you will like The August Engine, but that one could go either way. The August Engine is better, anyone who thinks otherwise is just batty. :Spin: