Hammet leaving Metallica?

Athough i do love Ride the Lightning and adore Kill 'Em All, and some of Master Of Puppets and ...And Justice For All(i used to like both albums on the whole, but thanks to being overplayed, i'm sick of most of it now, and and some is just not as impressive after discovering more and better thrash bands), I think Metallica have become EXTREMELY overrated!! I know people who would get on their knees and suck each members dicks for free if given the chance. And it absolutely drives me fucking nuts that since i'm a metalhead, i automatically have to be associated with them, post black album stuff included. It's like i HAVE to like them. FUCK THAT. They are overplayed, overhyped, overworshipped and overrated to absoute no end these days and it makes me sick. I have friends who would kill me if they found out i said all this, but fuck them, it's my opinion. Overkill have always been better than them, anyways. :)

But their best songs post Black album have all been things like "Mama Said" and "Low Man's Lyric" - they just can't do the heavy stuff any more - they tried on St Anger and came up with the most repetitive, laughable piece of shit ever recorded. They've lost it, and should either retire or at least change the fucking name.

HMMM....I thought this board was for discussing RELEVANT metal bands, not cash grabbing trend hoppers. Bringing up Metallica on a thread here is like bringing up linkin park or something. My vote for the most worthless thread of the year.........

hey, metallica is the founder of metal arsehole, give respect where it's due. How can you compare Metallica with linkin park? You're a tit.

5thSeason said:
i second that :lol:

Metallica was a good 80's thrash band, thats for sure, but after Justice they have been horrible. In my mind they only made 4 albums, and they all kick ass, haha.

Seriously tho... if kirk leaves metallica I really dont care, they arent even a band anymore IMO. Hopefully he will start a new old school thrash band or something.

i agree.. i wouldve care if it was about 3 years ago... maybe he plans on starting a solo project or something, with actual solos.. and ok riffs.. and actual drums not whatever the hell lars seems to be using in st anger..

hunglikehorse said:
metallica is the founder of metal

Are you stupid? :confused: There have been bands that Metallica based their entire sound on that were heavier and more Metal than Metallica could EVER hope to be.

No... Someone, tell me hunglikehorse doesn't exist. It's all a figment of my imagination. And if he is a troll, he's not a very good one at that. Trolls are supposed to make me laugh, not bow my head down in shame.

geez guys, does anyone know if hammet leaving them is real? is anyone interested in the subject of the thread?

metallica's songwriting in the 80s was of an awesomely high standard, still one of my top top metal bands, and i've waded through a lotta rubbish to realise this.. also, if you had 8 years playing metal day in day out (in itself longer than most bands' careers), wouldn't you want to try something different? wouldn't you love to be able to play music for a living and be successful? just asking...

"There's a rumour that Kirk Hammet may be leaving Metallica and they've already asked you to take his place. Any truth to that?

No."

How does that suggest he's leaving?

Anyway yeah, funny thread.