Happy Birthday

Originally posted by The Nomad

Gratitude and caring? I'm not even sure what that sentence is supposed to mean.

Anyway, the problem (if you can call it that) isn't that I'm too old. It's that you're all too young. :) I'm at a perfect age. Good times behind me, good times ahead of me. No worries. :cool:

I'll try to explain.....

Imagine a woman who honors the face of the Goddess in her changing face. A woman who celebrates the accumulation of her years and her wisdom. Who refuses to use precious energy disguising the changes in her body and life.

That was taken from a poem by a woman called Patricia Lynn Reilly. My sister showed it to me; she's a little witch (wiccan). The rest of the poem is also very beautiful, but this explains what I meant. But imagine a man like that, to! It's just as important to men as women! I'm glad I misunderstood you there, btw; others being to young, not you being to old :)
But in the end I don't see the importancy of age at all. I think one should look at the person, not the birth certificate, when you decide what to think of a person. My father asked me a question once: "If you didn't know when you were born, how old would you think you were?" I didn't know what I would have thought when he asked me, and I don't know what I would think now. But it doesn't matter.
I know there's a lot of ppl around who are insecure about themselves, because the ppl around them expect them to be this way or that, because 'that's how a 10-year-old is' and 'that's how a 50-year-old is'. But that doesn't necesserily fit with what they really are like. They can act/be younger than expected for the age, you older, and any way it will present a problem.
Already when I was 15 years old, I sometimes wished I had wrinkles and a touch of grey in my hair, because then ppl around me would respect me for who I was, rather than expecting me to be something else. They wouldn't say "oh, but you havn't experienced so much, you wouldn't know". If someone told me that I should be happy for being young, because I would wish to be young again when my youth was over, I would get furious, because they expected me to not know what I was talking about - expecting me to become like them! But they didn't live their lives at the moment any more than I did, so why should I believe anything of what they said? Wasn't that hypocricy? What they said?
Because of this I won't judge anyone - not even when I think I know them, because I don't know what's going on inside of their heads. I don't take anything for granted. Because you never know. Translated very fast (part of a poem): "Nothing do we know; all we know is that everything is lonelyness. Everyone is alone." In their heads. So I won't judge, neither from age nor anything else......... (This does not mean I don't think things about a person, but the though always comes to my mind if I think this or that about someone - "you don't know - we don't know anything")

Did this make any sense to you? To anyone?

Well said, Fjell. I understand what you said. Actually, I still look about 4 years older than I am anyway, but that's not intentional.

It's just surprising (to me) to see so many people born in the '80s, even if most of you are in the early 80's.

ah well.

thanx Morgana, for the coke of course ;)

but hey, Age IS NOT relative :p actually it's crystal clear, start running after birth....
oh well this is one another of my long time discussed (normally mentally) issues....Our age is just from when we born or when we where "done" genetically speaking?? I mean, I was alive while in the womb, but as not all the babys spend 9 stressless months there maybe a dude conceived one month later than me but who was given birth when it was only 7 months will be actually older than me in normal age measuring....but I would be truely older...follow me????
well actually I don't know what it's wrong with my head :loco:

fathervic (ranting)

I was so eager to see the world while in my mother's womb that I was born 7 months after she got pregnant, too bad that I got dissapointed with what I saw...

Btw Happy Birthday vargalyster whoever you are.

Interesting thought melon! But, to conclude something we have to define life... When do life start? are you not alive as a spem or an egg? And the eggs form when your mother was in the womb, so then your age depends on your mothers age...

´tis is gonna be a strange discussion...

-phyros

Originally posted by Phyros
Interesting thought melon! But, to conclude something we have to define life... When do life start? are you not alive as a spem or an egg? And the eggs form when your mother was in the womb, so then your age depends on your mothers age...

´tis is gonna be a strange discussion...

-phyros

And then that would depend on your grandma's age again, and on her mother's, and her...... And what if you have lived other lifes before your present one?? :p I think I'm smth between 28 000 and 35 000 years old, then.... :lol: Or maybe even older :p

Sperms and eggs are alive all right, but they are still not a human being, so you can't say you're alive as a sperm or egg (IMHO), maybe when they join and start to grow into a fetus you can say you're alive, but then again what is the purpose of being alive if you don't have a conscience yet?

Originally posted by Phyros

I may regret bringing this up, but that question is the basis for all abortion debates here in the US. It's just that no one acknowledges.

But let's stick to the time topic.

Someone said here's supposed to stage a party? So? ;)

Ohh, still belated Happy Birthday to Vargalyster! May the northstar still shine on your life throughout the next years :)

@The Nomad: you're spending too much time in this party :lol:

If we keep it going soon somebody will have to create the AA / Intervention thread :loco: