Happy Valentine's Day -

You must not be a college student dating college age girls. Look at QRV's reply, she even seemed ungrateful. Valentines Day is like one of the three days of the year you can guarantee play.
What are the other two?
And what is so special about college students...?

And what is so special about college students...?

Nothing IMO. At least at my college, they are as prototypical as ever - same personality types and cliques. I mean, on a personal level of course there are differences as there are differences between every human being. But to generalize, I never found any to be that extraordinarily different.

You guys are a bunch of wet blankets. Never youuu mind.

If I plan a nice evening, spend money, go out of my way, I think a sexual encounter should be part of the end of the night, on valentines day, with my steady girlfriend. Why is that unrealistic? I'm glad I don't live in ultra-conservative Italy.

If I plan a nice evening, spend money, go out of my way, I think a sexual encounter should be part of the end of the night, on valentines day, with my steady girlfriend. Why is that unrealistic? I'm glad I don't live in ultra-conservative Italy.

No, that's fine, it's not unrealistic. We have prostitutes around here as well.

Upon a quick google search of "Oppignatus es" the only hits I got were from this forum. I read the thread where you asked how to translate the phrase however I'm not sure how it applies, or how I got pwned in any way?

People get all butt-hurt when I make a statement that they don't agree with even though they can clearly see the logical thought path I'm coming from. You guys have been hating ever since the religion thread.

You guys are a bunch of wet blankets. Never youuu mind.

i fail to see the link between being/not being conservative and being mature enough to worry about something else than sex in a situation like QRV's.

@ ian: We are not hating in any way (Well, maybe some here actually are). We just have different ideas. You and the others here have stated their ideas and since we realize there is no point in discussing it for pages since your ideas in this case are not based on any perceptions but on who and how you are so we couldn't change anything through discussion anyways. The part you understand as hating is just a friendly mocking with irony, sarcasm and pwnage. This is an essential part of this forum and we all love it. If you cannot either accept or ignore it, that is your problem. I don't mind your input in the discussion, but you cannot change this forum and if you would like to be part of a forum that is different, search somewhere else.

This post does not contain hatred.

If this post is not understandable, thank Mr. Alcohol.

@ian.de: It's not that we don't sympathize with the efforts you put in getting pity-fucked each Valentine's day. In this thread's exchange you reacted with generic insults to fairly innocent questions or comments. Of course we were disagreeing, but since you decided to act like a frat-boy prick instead of talking about things, I think most have lost interest in the discussion. Surprisingly enough, you sounded a little more mature on the religion thread.

I guess we all live in different worlds or something. Every girl I know would like to be taken out and treated nicely on Valentines day and then probably have a romantic end of the night.

I didn't know the situation with QRV was deeper than a lack of appreciation for his efforts, my fault. I'm just saying, spending money, making a solid effort to show her a good time, I don't agree that it is unreasonable to expect a little romance to close the night out.

This is just my experience growing up in the United States after I decided to step away from my computer once in a while.

It was the first st. valentine's day that I spent not alone being single

NP: Dark Tranquillity - The Burden Of Love Alive
Bah! Didn't they excluded it from tracklist? I'd be happy if no, 'cause I like the title and it sounds not less promissing than "Grandest Accusation"

Oops!

I believe I was just screwing around trying to upset some dt fans at the time...

Anyone else noticed that, if you have the limited edition of WatV, the album end with the words "The Burden Of Love Alive"?

Klämrisk;8966484 said:
Oops!

I believe I was just screwing around trying to upset some dt fans at the time...

Anyone else noticed that, if you have the limited edition of WatV, the album end with the words "The Burden Of Love Alive"?

Yes, they simply renamed that track to "To Where Fires Cannot Feed"

And happy valentine's day to everyone!