Happy Valentine's Day -

@kittie: Cookies are good. Better than I did for myself, but I wasn't trying :)p). Glad you're in (relatively) good spirits though.

@Qrv: Well, no one can fault you for not trying. Perhaps goodness can come of it later?

(ITT [or in this thread, for the unintuitive]: me trying to coax out the personal lives of board members ;))

Really good soft cookies are awesome. The hard ones are usually too dry for me.

@ DoC: Your avatar looks great under the sentence: "Are you scared enough?"

@ QRV: She showed you her love and that is all that counts.

@QRV: If you're broke and you spent that much on gift+dinner for her, you probably really like her. If this is the case, be patient and you will be rewarded.

QRV: how long have you guys been seeing each other? If you're in a committed sexual relationship and she didn't put out last night then you need to put her in her place.

I was at work until 10pm last night and I wasn't really planning on going out or celebrating Valentines Day. But I'm very taken by this new girl im talking to and I wanted to do something nice for her. Last night was our first real date and the only place I could find that was open till 11 and still had reservations left was a restaurant on campus charging $119 per couple. Kind of a high-roller first date and in hindsight I can afford it right now (i haven't bought any books for this semester yet).

The restaurant was exquisite, 5-course dinner full of food that I wouldn't normally touch even if I was starving, we got a really nice booth seat for the price of a table AND they served us a full bottle of champagne and a full bottle of wine.. and we were definitely underage. So she was very impressed, I was very impressed, it was a great time. Then we went back to my house and had another bottle of wine and watched Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (my fave comedy of all time). Didn't go to sleep until 7:30am, had class at 11am-2:15 and work 3:45-10 (stillllll here).

Hopefully I'll meet up with her tonight, this seems to be shaping up into a well harvested relationship.

Haha sorry you haters had a boring night.

Hopefully I'll meet up with her tonight, this seems to be shaping up into a well harvested relationship.

Haha sorry you haters had a boring night.
I'm actually sorry for you. Rather have a boring night than have someone all excited with me because they got impressed by the big bucks on the first night.

That's not all that impressed her!

It wasn't the first night we've ever hung out. I've been talking to her for two months just as friends, we've hooked up quite a few times but in college that normally doesn't turn into anything. We both like where this is going though and decided to take things slow sexually.

And I'm sorry but if I had a steady sexual relationship with this girl and I bought her a present and dinner, I would expect more than a measly peck, that's nonsense and you know it. You could go to a bar and pick up a random and get more than a kiss on valentines day just buying them a drink or two.

@ian.de: Ah that's nice then, i'm happy for you. :)
As for the last part of your post, i suppose it refers to what QRV said. The point is that we don't know if he's in a steady sexual relationship with her or not. If he is, then it would indeed be odd to give him just a kiss. If he isn't, there's nothing wrong with wanting to take things slow.

Well, do you usually prepare presents then? Maybe you mentioned how broke you were, so she didnt expect you to get anything and didnt want to embarass you with a present while you had nothing? Or maybe she was even more broke than you ;)
Maybe it was just a misunderstanding.. communication is the key ^^

Well, do you usually prepare presents then? Maybe you mentioned how broke you were, so she didnt expect you to get anything and didnt want to embarass you with a present while you had nothing? Or maybe she was even more broke than you ;)
Maybe it was just a misunderstanding.. communication is the key ^^

lol for some reason I don't think he was pissed that she didn't give him a (material) present.

QRV you better tell that B whats up

Well, it also depends on the kind of kiss he got back.. Was it an enthusiastic kiss, was it a one-hour kiss while rolling on the floor or was it a half-assed kiss? I'll agree with Taliesin that communication is the key, if QRV feels there's something wrong, the best thing is to talk about it with her.

edit: I'm kinda bothered by the thought that she's expected to put off because she got a present. There's too many variables missing in this case, for example she could have been angry about something, or not feeling well, or maybe she simply doesn't think that V-day is a special day. Or maybe she was tired, or didn't get the hint that something was expected back, or, or, or. If everything is normal the rest of the days this shouldn't be an issue.

I have to admit there is a bit of selfishness and a hint of chauvenism in my statement. I guess it's kind of like saying the girl is a prostitute expected to trade sex favors for money/gifts. That's not what I mean and I don't want anyone to think that I'm disrespectful to women, quite the opposite. I'm just saying QRV has a reason to be annoyed if you ask me.

In fact, I wasn't disappointed for not having a night of wild sex, but for the fact that I spent a good deal of money and I took her to a very good restaurant and I prepared it all so nicely and actually put some effort on it, and she didn't seem to be graceful at all. Which is strange, because usually she'd be delighted. So, I guess something's bothering her. Maybe Siren's right and she and I ought to talk things a bit.

Give us her contact info, we'll find out for you what's going on
wink.gif

EDIT: I went to a Valentine's Day party of a society of which I'm a member ..and it was weak. Very disappointing, especially since I had to endure a terrible traffic jam on a bridge to get there.

@ian.de: Why would anyone, male or female, be "expected" to put out on any specific occasion, especially in a steady relationship? I'm not even preaching that it's unfair to presume everyone trades sex for other stuff all the time, I'm just wondering why a scenario where either party doesn't feel like it and there's no harm done is apparently not conceivable, regardless of circumstances. You seem to cheapen people's ability to either express emotions in other ways, or have a good time in other ways.

@ian.de: Why would anyone, male or female, be "expected" to put out on any specific occasion, especially in a steady relationship? I'm not even preaching that it's unfair to presume everyone trades sex for other stuff all the time, I'm just wondering why a scenario where either party doesn't feel like it and there's no harm done is apparently not conceivable, regardless of circumstances. You seem to cheapen people's ability to either express emotions in other ways, or have a good time in other ways.

You must not be a college student dating college age girls. Look at QRV's reply, she even seemed ungrateful. Valentines Day is like one of the three days of the year you can guarantee play.

You must not be a college student dating college age girls. Look at QRV's reply, she even seemed ungrateful. Valentines Day is like one of the three days of the year you can guarantee play.

I don't fall in those categories, no. And while I think I can relate to a college student's constant state of horniness somehow, it still seems forced in regards to a steady relationship. I wasn't referring to QRV's problem, though, which apparently didn't just involve sex.