Hardcore - Metal song... song/sound feedback please !

JoeJackson, with your splitting idea, I seem to remember The Black Dahlia Murder production was done like that. Might not be though as I cant find where it was.

Joe

JoeJackson, with your splitting idea, I seem to remember The Black Dahlia Murder production was done like that. Might not be though as I cant find where it was.

Haha, thats cool.

Djabtrash ... I think, the guitar-sound improved about ten trillion times ;)
Still I feel, that it's kind of "honky". I can't persuade you to at least TRY Revalver or Wagner or whatever, can I?

But it definitly got that perfect rough "demo"-feel to it (which I think can be really good).

Djabtrash ... I think, the guitar-sound improved about ten trillion times ;)
Still I feel, that it's kind of "honky". I can't persuade you to at least TRY Revalver or Wagner or whatever, can I?

But it definitly got that perfect rough "demo"-feel to it (which I think can be really good).

Thanks a lot for your feedback Joe.

I'm gonna try some different eq-ing on my guitar tracks in Cubase, as well as a C4 to tame the low mids. I'll post it here.

I'm gonna try revalver/wagner/whatever soon also.

As soon as i get something better guitar tone-wise, i'm gonna record some other songs (3 or 4) i've been working on for a while now.

Well, maybe ScottBaloo is right and you don't even need the C4 ... I would still try to compress a tiny bit and see, if that clears the tracks up a bit.

Hi there Djabthrash, I think the boosts you made at 3k and 5k made a huge difference
in the guitar tone, much better. I wouldnt bother with compression on the low-mids
because you dont have a problem in that area, you only have to do this if you get
a "booming" sound during palm muting which you haven't got.
I wanted to mention your song writing though, I love it, the drums perfectly complement
the guitar parts and the song as a whole has good progression between the sections.

Sorry dude i didnt see your post before.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I wont bother with C4 then and just gonna try some different EQ-ing on the guitars (gonna check Colin Richardson Guitars EQ thread again).

About the songwriting, i try to write the stuff i want to hear :) I really like those songs you can hear now but they are 2 years old or something. My new stuff is definitely better, and slightly different in terms of style (more melodic, yet agressive).