Hardcore

Old school hardcore FTW!!

the older and schooler, the better.

Although I do like plenty of modern -core shit, I am pretty fucking tired of generic metalcore breakdown meathead bands....

I am telling you right now, the next person who says they are hesitant to call The Red Chord, etc. metalcore because they are "good" and metalcore is "bad" will be killed.

*cue someone saying exactly what I just warned against*

The first two Biohazard albums are excellent.

Yeah those two albums were but after that they turned to shit... and to boot that guy married Tera Patrick and ruined her career lol ... But i saw Biohazard live back in 1990 opening for Slayer and White Zombie... good show of what i can remember because I was plastered that night...

metalcore to me is bands like Wehrmacht and Cryptic Slaughter

no way!!! it's not metalcore, it's crossover.

metalcore is bands like heaven shall burn, walls of jericho and hatebreeder.

anyway, my favorites:

Tërvët Kädët
Riistetyt
Varukers
Discharge
Agnostic Front
Casualties
The Accüsed
Ratos de Porão

and all power violence and crust bands that i know, including:

disfear
hellnation
hiatus
doom
spazz
uncurbed
disrupt
driller killer
wolfpack

hehehe, i love these under under underground bands

no way!!! it's not metalcore, it's crossover.

metalcore is bands like heaven shall burn, walls of jericho and hatebreeder.

anyway, my favorites:

Tërvët Kädët
Riistetyt
Varukers
Discharge
Agnostic Front
Casualties
The Accüsed
Ratos de Porão

and all power violence and crust bands that i know, including:

disfear
hellnation
hiatus
doom
spazz
uncurbed
disrupt
driller killer
wolfpack

hehehe, i love these under under underground bands

split some more hairs why doncha?

oh and Spazz is awesome. so are Disrupt. powerviolence/crust FTW!

Shit, I remember diggin' Doom, Sore Throat & Saw Throat and who knows what other weird ass bands in the late 80's. I'd forgotten about most of that stuff.

I'm on a bit of a hardcore/crossover kick atm one of the bands I've been listening to lots is The Exploited. They toured my city last week but I had a car accident the day before, I didnt end up going but my mate reckoned it was one of the best shows he'd seen for ages.

I havent bothered with anything ("core") new, infact until recently I hadnt listened to hardcore/punk for well over 15 years. Used to really dig Black Flag, Agnostic Front, Minor Threat, Murphys Law, Gang Green. I also really dug the Australian hardcore/punk scene of its day eg Depression, Bastard Squad, Iron Sheiks, Arm the Insane etc.

I hate hardcore.

The only band close to it that I think is decent is Between the Buried and Me.

I've been getting back into the punck scene again, mostly crust/d-beat stuff. One great band that does hardcore in the old school style is Government Warning: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=50012803

Scandi crust is probably the best stuff out there with bands like Dödsdömd, Martyrdöd and Nuclear Death Terror releasing very strong stuff. I don't think I've seen the band Tragedy mentioned here and they create some very interesting material. Progressive in some aspects but still within the hardcore style.