Harry Potter

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
I just searched, thought we had an all-encompassing thread on this but APPARENTLY NOT.

Anywho, what the fuck. Fans of the movies? Fans of the books? Fans of attractive underage wimmenz? I know many 'round these parts fall into one or more of those categories.

My mom started reading the series when it came out, she's been a huge fan of children's literature for at least as long as I've been around, possibly longer. So when the movies started surfacing, she quite literally dragged me to the theatres with her. Well okay, after the second one I was hooked and started reading the books. The 6th one is my favorite, and I think the 3rd movie is a modern masterpiece of film. What I'm enjoying most is how the books are maturing in terms of writing style, as well as getting progressively darker. This isn't some gay jaunt through the wardrobe.

Discuss.

I read up to 4 in grade six and got fed up waiting for 5 to come out:erk: However I seen the movies too and will watch the following movies aswell.

my former coworker got me to read them if he, in turn, read the Dark Tower.

i just started the fourth book. they are entertaining, sure, but definitely for kids. very simple reading.

I'm honestly quite impressed by the sixth book; partly because of my "real authors kill their characters" stance, partly cause it's damn well written. The books are maturing with the characters. Good stuff. Not a great work of literature or anything, mind you, and still more on the side of light reading, but as light reading goes it's hard to do better.

Good books and good movies! I wasnt that impressed with the 6th book though, but I probably should read it again since I hurried through it during lunchbreaks last summer.

I liked 'em when I read the first one I think, back in the day.

People where comparing them with LotR to my Dad, so he read one, and just ragged on it completely (because it doesn't even touch LotR). It was rad.