Has anyone ever taken the time to...

Lethe78

Expired candle
Jan 19, 2002
New Hampshire
Visit site
..tab the solos for Crimson? I am trying to figure them out, but I am losing patience. If anyone has the tab, or knows where it could be found, I would seriously appreciate it.

Ahhh, the good old 'Crimson tab' topic again :D I don't think anyone here has ever gotten around to tabbing it. If you want to give me the track times for some of the solo's you're stuck on (and what tuning you're using), I can take a look at them :)

yourdeadgroom said:
Ahhh, the good old 'Crimson tab' topic again :D I don't think anyone here has ever gotten around to tabbing it. If you want to give me the track times for some of the solo's you're stuck on (and what tuning you're using), I can take a look at them :)
The first solo, which I haven't tried yet goes from 08:50 to 09:13. The other solo runs from 28:17 to 28:58. I have half of that one down, but it is getting frustrating for me. I use standard tuning. If I could find some program that would eliminate all the tracks except for the guitar solos, I would be all set. Does such a program exist....? Thanks. :)

http://www.ronimusic.com/

"The Amazing Slow Downer" is an excellent product, which lets you change speed without affecting the pitch (and change pitch without affecting the speed, which is something I use alot, seeing as I tune to C# ;)), and it has good eq controls for eliminating other instruments so you can focus on the bit you want :)

I use "Amazing Slow Downer 2.55", so I guess "Amazing Slow Downer 2.60" (in the downloads section) is what you should go for. One of the good things about it too, is that you can save the altered song to a wav file and burn it to disk. I've changed the pitch of several albums so I don't have to retune my guitar to play along with them.

Oh, and one thing I should mention if you do use it, in the bottom left of the application, there's a box where you can set the 'Slow Down Type'. Make sure it's set to 'Slow Down Type III', as that gives the best sound quality (it defaults to Type 1).