has anyone heard the new Maiden yet? If so, how is it?

Iron Madein - These Colours Don't Run

My least favorite track on the album, and it's headbangable ;P

I really like it. It's a step back to the Brave New World sound, but with some added progressive elements aswell some stuff that feel a bit 80s.

I like this album very much. This is a more refined iron maiden. It's definately more to the prog side of metal, with the long songs and all the tempo changes. It can be hard to get into since it's not that accessable and catchy. It's very good though, an iron maiden with less nonsense and more seriousness and heavyness. The lyrics especially are a bit more thoughtful it seems. My favorite songs so far are These Colours Don't Run(has an awesome "solo-section" in the middle of it), Lord of Light and Benjamin Breeg, although I should mention that I think all the songs are quite evenly good. I definately recommend this album, although I do think that Dance of Death was a tad better, but know that I consider that album to be their best.

I think it is real good. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, Lord of Light and The Legacy are my favorites. Most people I've talked to have different opinions on which songs are best, so there isn't really any filler. It's a solid album.
Can't wait to see them in October

Their latest album is actually my favorite one by them now. It's much more progressive then their earlier stuff, and the songs are memorable. This has probably been my favorite release of the entire year. (Better than Fear Of The Dark btw imo.)