Has RC helped anyone find a cool new band or album?

It is. Took me some time to realize it though, I was falling asleep one night to Misty Moorfields and it struck me how magical it truly is. Not to say that Weiland and even Woodgrouse aren't nearly as good, just not like Moory Mistsongs.

these i really dig:
drudkh
taake
nokturnal mortum (and dub buk which i found from a NM review. i REALLY like dub buk)
nasheim

i have a ton of new shit that ive only listened to like once or twice, but these show promise:
aborym
graveland
negura bunget
empyrium
xasthur (i think this is from here..maybe elsewhere)
blut aus nord
arcane sun
weakling

...and a few others i may be forgetting, or left off becuase i found them while researching the above bands. although i dont bother to post much, as past 'unpleasentness' causes a good 60-70% of my posts here to go pretty much ignored, i do browse the forum often, and check out the latest thing you are all gay over. i dont always care for it, but whatever. i also dont particularly mind the general shunnig, as i get good use out of this place simply by finding new bands.

neal said:
although i dont bother to post much, as past 'unpleasentness' causes a good 60-70% of my posts here to go pretty much ignored, i do browse the forum often, and check out the latest thing you are all gay over. i dont always care for it, but whatever. i also dont particularly mind the general shunnig, as i get good use out of this place simply by finding new bands.
You really feel that way? In some bizarre fashion, I would consider you to be somewhat of a regular since you've been around for ages. I don't think you should feel shunned, even if you are a bit of a gimp. :tickled:

neal said:
although i dont bother to post much, as past 'unpleasentness' causes a good 60-70% of my posts here to go pretty much ignored
I thought all that stuff was in good fun wink wink nudge nudge style, did anyone really get butthurt by what happened? Either way I would consider you Old Skool RC Krew, especially since you've been posting here since before me. :loco:

More than I can count. Since we discuss a ton of bands from every different sub-genre I don't see how someone who visits here couldn't have found a new, great band.

The Nightfall and Anata reviews on RC were also what put me over the edge and made me buy those albums.