Has this Sansamp PSA been modded? (electronics/voltage question)

Thorax the Herdsman

Procrastinating Fuck
Hi all, hoping somebody with more electronics knowledge than me can help me out.

Just picked up a used Sansamp PSA-1.1 on ebay here in the UK. It works fine, the guy I got it from has used it for a good while with no problems.

Question is this - I just looked on the back and noticed it was marked as a 117 volt unit - being as I'm here on British 230 voltage, it made me wonder... A) will it blow up one day, B) is it a misprint, or C) has it been modified?

So, being an inquisitive type, I looked inside:

img08250.jpg

img0826z.jpg

img0829t.jpg

Whilst I know very little about electronics, that looks like 2 transformers, one of which doesn't appear to be factory fitted. However, I wouldn't like to say for certain.

What do people think? Has it been modded to UK voltage? Would that explain why it didn't blow up as soon as I plugged it in, or could a 117 volt device feasibly run on UK current for a while before suddenly crapping out? Should I get a step-down transformer? I've emailed Tech 21 to see if they can give any advice but in the mean time thought I'd post here as I know there's a few guys around who know about this side of gear too.

Thanks for any information in advance! :)

If it was fitted for 120V, this wouldn't have worked "for a good while" when plugged in a 230V outlet.
Someone definitely modded something in there, but can't say what he did.
Tho, as you said, it is probably an added PT to make it work in 230V, but some transformer can switch from one to the other (don't know if the PSA has it, tho)

EDIT: BtW, the job looks kinds neat, so if it works, I wouldn't worry too much about it, but keep in mind every piece of electronic must be treated with respect and be messed around with smartness. If the job was made by a pro, there's no reason it should blow.