Sansamp again....

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
I'm in the market for a sansamp (finally)....
I won't get the PSA-1 just because it's too expensive...
I'd reallybe interested in the "SansAmp RBI" but it's twice as much as the BDDI and as I understand it it's just the rackversion of the BDDI?

would you say "don't be a scot and save for the rackversion" or is the BDDI exactly what I need?

so, now feel free to tell me "this has been covered 10000 times, use the search function".....
;)

I talked to the bassplayer Jesper liverod from Burst and he said the rackversion actually sounded less cool then the normal bassdriver D.i when they were in the studio for origo.
I myself tested the 1 channel d.i versus the 3 channel and the 1 channel sounded cooler again.. so my advice would be to just buy the normal one haha

I talked to the bassplayer Jesper liverod from Burst and he said the rackversion actually sounded less cool then the normal bassdriver D.i when they were in the studio for origo.
I myself tested the 1 channel d.i versus the 3 channel and the 1 channel sounded cooler again.. so my advice would be to just buy the normal one haha

exactly what I wanted to hear ;)

I will buy the Bass Driver DI stompbox. I´ve tested it today and... damn. Makes you wish to have a miracle unit like this for DI guitar tone too. You plug it and the bass tone just rock.

Don't own one but have been researching PSA's.....the 1.1 is made with different (cheaper) components. Consensus on the likes of Gearslutz seems to be that Version 1 is superior sounding.

Here's the blurb from the Tech21 site:
Our popular SansAmp PSA-1 underwent an internal redesign and is now known as SansAmp PSA-1.1. While the 100% analog signal path and functionality remain the same, during the design process it became possible to include a few new features: an on/off switch on the front panel, more program locations (there are now 128), a master volume control, an XLR ground lift switch, phantom power MIDI input, and a dedicated headphone output.

I definately like the stompbox better.

Quick question though, If I'm setting up a DI bass track to reamp later would the Sansamp parallel output be better or should I use my Radial DI?