Tech 21 SansAmp RBI in a studio setting?

Well, afaik Lasse uses the Rack version and that's what I'd get. I recently tracked Bass with the pedal and we had a slight noise issue. Not sure if it was the pedal or anything else. There is one track of it in that zip of the thread with my multitracks on the frontpage. Check it out if you want.

just bought the rbi because of being able to record the unaffected and affected signal at the same time...i was comparing the bass sound to one of the Hinder multitracks and jesus it is pretty much right there with a pro bass recording tone for that genre

monolithsound with the unafffected singal how do you hook it up to your soundcard? do you run the unaffected to a preamp or straight to ur soundcard?

yea, the bass DI driver is used in 90% of my projects and has a parallel out. I track a wet/dry simultaneously, usually put an ampsim on the dry and blend it with the sansamp track. I just love the character it gets - mexican P-bass > new strings > bass DI driver straight in = cannot possibly go wrong. Also, the pedal can run off nothing but phantom power. very sexy. Conversely, rack gear is also always sexy by default.

Bad luck man, its the parallel output that gives you the un-effected signal IE: DI track. Ah well least you haven't gone a bad route with the rackmount! :kickass:

With the unaffected I have my xlr to trs (balanced) running from the unaffected straight to the fireface? But there is no gain it comes in at like -40db? So Im guessing the unaffected must go to a preamp for boost right? Just not sure if this is what you guys are doing

could someone post clips using the rbi or the rack version?

i was thinking to buy the rbi but i dont know :S i already have podfarm,studio devil bass and ampeg svx

the parallel out is unaffected, meaning it should be (no matter what the DI settings) the same thing that's coming out of your bass. probably unrelated, but as far as the wet signal, there's a switch right on there for toggling line level / inst level

could someone post clips using the rbi or the rack version?

i was thinking to buy the rbi but i dont know :S i already have podfarm,studio devil bass and ampeg svx

i just ordered it, so i'll post clips of it with my next band.
we'll see how it works out...haha

i'll have to be honest with you guys....the biggest reason i wanted the RBI over the pedal version was so i could fill up another space on my rack haha