Hate to be the one to post this... (Jorn related)

To tell you the truth, this performance didn't do much for me. He didn't play the songs I think are his good ones, and I could of done without the covers and cover medleys. I would rather have the dvd of Ark's performance anyday, as every song they have is beyond amazing and they sounded amazing as hell live and their songs contain Jorn's best vocal work(followed secondly by the first Masterplan, but burn the sun is miles ahead).

I recently picked up Jorn's Lonely Are The Brave and my first impression was that he's either gotten lazy, cocky, or both. His music changes about as much as AC/DC's! :lol:

Guys like Jorn are very talented, but never see their full potential due to being hard to work with. I say that, because he should've stuck with bands like Ark and Masterplan where they have good song writers. I don't think Jorn is creative enough to break himself out of his 70's Whitesnake style.

On another note, I remember Jorn Lofstad saying something to the effect that Jorn is the best vocalist he's ever worked with. This was said during the PP performance. I thought it came across like a slap in the face to Nils (Pagan's Mind) when he said that. Quite frankly, I think Nils wiped up the stage with Jorn Lande during his ProgPower performace. I have two words for Jorn Lofstad...........Welcome Home! :)

...anyway, I know I got off subject here, but the release of this DVD made me think of this.

~Brian~

I like a few songs off of out to every nation, but Worldchanger is the only cd from him that almost every song is great(plus it helps I am a hellhammer fan). Ark is the best band Jorn has ever sung for and always will be. Ark's burn the sun is in my top 3 cds of all time and it will take a band something beyond a miracle to ever push it out of the top 3(by the way the other 2 are Pain of salvation - perfect element(tied with remedy lane), and nevermore - dead heart in a dead world(tied with this godless endeavor).

I like a few songs off of out to every nation, but Worldchanger is the only cd from him that almost every song is great(plus it helps I am a hellhammer fan). Ark is the best band Jorn has ever sung for and always will be. Ark's burn the sun is in my top 3 cds of all time and it will take a band something beyond a miracle to ever push it out of the top 3(by the way the other 2 are Pain of salvation - perfect element(tied with remedy lane), and nevermore - dead heart in a dead world(tied with this godless endeavor).

You had me until the end.
Worldchanger==very yay.
POS and Neveragain? Their cd's no longer stink up my house--I gave them away.

I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I'm probably the only guy here who really dislikes Ark. Honestly, I think the first album really turned me off Jorn for a long time. The whole face paint thing he did when Ark played ProgPower didn't help my perception.

Personally, I think his best stuff is on the first Masterplan and Worldchanger.

I, for one, will be downloading a rip of this and consider it an addition to the PPUSA VII DVD that I have already purchased and own.

Maybe I'm opening up a can of worms here, but from our perspective as fans, isn't it better that we get the whole set rather than just two songs if Jorn had been on the PP DVD?

I don't see "an issue" at all. If the artists have to give the promotor/DVD company permission to use their material for the festival DVD, Jorn or any other artist is within their right to keep it for their own use.

Well, actually, Jorn kinda 'forgot' to pay Glenn (and the DVD recording co.) for the use of the footage.

But, Glenn has dropped it and so should we.

Like others, I won't buy it either.

His face painting doesn't have one damned thing to do with his vocal performance with Ark. Once again image has something to do when all we are talking about here is music and musical performances. On top of that, PoS and Nevermore are top of the line acts and can barely be touched by anyone.

Well, that's dickish, not paying Glenn for the footage while at the same time not letting Glenn use any of it for the DVD.

I figured it was more a case of him wanting to do the performance justice by releasing it as a whole, rather than him hogging all the money for himself.

Ark's burn the sun is in my top 3 cds of all time and it will take a band something beyond a miracle to ever push it out of the top 3(by the way the other 2 are Pain of salvation - perfect element(tied with remedy lane), and nevermore - dead heart in a dead world(tied with this godless endeavor).

So you have five CD's in your top 3 of all time? :err:

This is akin to 7th Savior handing out ratings of 11.5 out of a possible 10!

His face painting doesn't have one damned thing to do with his vocal performance with Ark. Once again image has something to do when all we are talking about here is music and musical performances. On top of that, PoS and Nevermore are top of the line acts and can barely be touched by anyone.

Jorn took money and material from Glenn and used them for his own purposes, after (I am assuming here) shitting on a legal contract concerning his performance in Atlanta.

Neveragain stiffed Glenn twice (??!!!?) by agreeing to appear here and then reneging on the deal.

P.O.S. decided that they would stiff their fans in America by acting like little children with the Visa situation--will we ever see them on our soil again? Probably not.

I prefer to support bands that treat promoters and their fans with dignity and respect.

No band could ever have 7 albums in my top 3 of all time when they do things like Jorn, Neveragain, and Piece of Shiate have done. Doesn't matter how good their material is (although it is easy for me to dislike the last two bands because their music, well, sucks).

I'll leave it to others to clear up what happened. I think I recall, but do not want to start a rumor-mill. While it's unfortunate the WAY it went down, I am quite psyched that it's coming out and I'm really looking forward to it.
My thoughts exactly, with all due respect to Glenn and the PPUSA family.

Jorn took money and material from Glenn and used them for his own purposes, after (I am assuming here) shitting on a legal contract concerning his performance in Atlanta.

Neveragain stiffed Glenn twice (??!!!?) by agreeing to appear here and then reneging on the deal.

P.O.S. decided that they would stiff their fans in America by acting like little children with the Visa situation--will we ever see them on our soil again? Probably not.

I prefer to support bands that treat promoters and their fans with dignity and respect.

No band could ever have 7 albums in my top 3 of all time when they do things like Jorn, Neveragain, and Piece of Shiate have done. Doesn't matter how good their material is (although it is easy for me to dislike the last two bands because their music, well, sucks).

I believe there was a 3rd time for Neveragain but they were not announced on that one before they bailed...I could be wrong

Bear