Have you ever stage-dived or crowd-surfed?

Have you ever stage-dived or crowd-surfed before?

• Total voters

UltimateApathy

Infinite Idiocy
Dec 10, 2012
Path Of The Misanthrope
Title is pretty self-explanatory: have you ever stage-dived or crowd-surfed? If yes, tell us more about your experiences and vote in the poll.

Personally, I have stage-dived twice and crowd-surfed once. First time I stage-dived was when I saw The Agonist live. I scrambled up on stage and dived off head first, with my jaw making hard impact with a guys shoulder and me ending up on my ass on the floor. My ass and jaw hurt for a few days after that, lol.

Second time I stage-dived was at an As I Lay Dying concert, and that's also when I crowd-surfed. My shoe got stuck on the barricade on my way up onto the stage, and then I basically just fell backwards into the crowd. The crowd-surfing attempt was a somewhat abortive though, because I'm quite a large guy and people here are generally pretty small, so I basically ended up just getting lowered to the floor, haha.

The very same concert where I literally almost passed out from heat exhaustion - have you ever been so hot that it feels like electric shocks running down your arms? I don't know if the airconditioners weren't on or what, but I basically could barely breathe or stand after that gig. And of course we all know that only really lonely people crowd surf because that's the only way they can get other people to touch them... :lol:

The very same concert where I literally almost passed out from heat exhaustion - have you ever been so hot that it feels like electric shocks running down your arms? I don't know if the airconditioners weren't on or what, but I basically could barely breathe or stand after that gig. And of course we all know that only really lonely people crowd surf because that's the only way they can get other people to touch them... :lol:

My previous post made no implication of your loneliness.

Way to trivialize the molestations of tens of thousands of adolescent males all around the world.

Have never done either and not sure I ever would.

Really irritating, especially at smaller venues, when all these drunken kids line up to run on the stage and jump off it. Was pretty bad when I saw Sodom a few months back. Maybe I'm just old but its plenty enjoyable in front of the band!

Well, there's a certain technique to stage-diving without getting hurt. I found that out the hard way the first time I dived off the stage headfirst. You have to have a more arched trajectory than a normal dive: this gives people a better opportunity to catch you and you won't plant your face directly into someone else's face.

The fact that you make topics about your adventures at concerts and shows seems to give me the idea that when you do go to concerts it's super special to you. I assume this is because you don't go to that many?

I've been to well over a dozen metal shows this year (not including Maryland Deathfest) and I've never staged-dived or crowd-surfed. I'm not in the habit of hurting myself at shows. That, and I'm too fat as fuck for people to even hold up.

Look at me, look at me!

Oooh a circle pit. Yes, that's why I came to a concert.

It's why I go! If I just wanted to sit and quietly listen to music I could do that at home.

One of my buddies at MDF was 6'8 and probably close if not 300 lbs, and he was crowd surfing. I don't understand, but it just didn't seem fair. And everyone looked pissed.:lol:

I've done it a few times, but now I'm paranoid of getting my teeth broken or some weird shit like that so I don't do it anymore. :erk: