HaYehudim

VampiricYouth

Jul 15, 2005
One of my friends mentioned this band as sounding like LFDGD Katatonia with a female vocalist. Anyone heard them before? Paradoxile?

interesting...hey Vampiric, i googled this band and thought they were a splatter band or something!! one of their albums has a very cool cover depicting a dog carcass and shit!! is your friend really sure they sound like katatonia?

HaYehudim(literally: the Jews) are a current day Israeli hard-rock band. Utilising powerful chord progressions and soaring vocals, HaYehudim have captured the hearts and minds of a generation of young Israelis.

Singing almost entirely in Hebrew, fast upbeat songs are coupled with heart-wrenching ballads to thrill and captivate young audiences across Israel in stunningly powerful live shows.

The band's most famous members are Orit Shachaf and Tom Petrover who are also the lead singers and guitarists. Orit Shchaf's characteristic deep and powerful voice are a symbol of the HaYehudim's musical style.

-----------------------------------------
The Jews? What a nice touch.

I used to like Hayehudim when I was like 17...I still own their 2 first albums they were innovative and their music was pretty cool.hard rock with just the right amount of sadness and anger. they sing mostly about gaining/losing faith in god...but it's teenager music...how hard life is and why I don't just kill myself...it doesn't appeal to me anymore...it hasn't appealed to me for like 5 years...they started repeating themselves and their chord progressions got really lame.
last year on student day they did a 1 hour show in my university.they sucked balls and their guitar playing sounded sloppy like they used extra thin picks and didn't know quite how to play with those...anyway they're pretty lame now.

edit:they don't sound anything like LFDGD but the dog pissing (HaYehudim 2 coverart-the second album) is pretty cool...
Haye_h.jpg