Headlining Tour?!?

hm, if nevermore didn't have these strange vocals they would be awesome, but since they have not, they aren't. the same goes for nightwish, except that their music sucks as well. so there.

Taliesin said:
I think everyone who thinks Nevermore sucks either has a weird taste in music or has never given them half a chance

And wtf? Comparing Nevermore to Nightwish is beyond hilarious, with all the respect that I have for you, you cant be serious in that
That's all more than a bit stupid, with all do (un)respect.

I have never given Nevermore half a chance, but I must say that on general level vast majority of the music I like comes from Sweden and Finland, with a few exceptions from practically every corner of the world (for example, Lilitu from the much-hated USA, is a great band). I do not know why it is so, perhaps I just haven't heard enough smaller bands from other areas, but of the top-10 bands of mine, probably none are from outside Scandinavia.

-Villain

TheFourthHorseman said:
That's all more than a bit stupid, with all do (un)respect.
Ah yeah? Maybe you assumed I consider saying "I dont like Nevermore because..." equal to "I think Nevermore sucks!"
You dont HAVE to like them and they sure arent the perfect band.. but they're close :p

It's like with Dream Theater.. I dont like their music so much, but Im far from saying they suck. So there, still stupid?

And no, I wasnt refering to you Gaby

surprisingly for myself as well, many of the bands in my top ten are from england. a couple are from the united states. i can see a reason for this in the fact that i pay a lot of attention to good lyrics, and native english speakers often have an obvious advantage.

in regards to the whole "your tastes suck" spamathon, i think we should all take a step back: in the small black pit of our silly little minds we're all at least a bit opinionated when it comes to the music we like versus the music we don't. whether it takes the form of accusations of xenophobia, homosexuality, or necrophilia, it should probably be tolerated because it's hard to eradicate it, and also - i think - because it's not that bad to show some passion towards the things one loves. however, it's only entertainment that people can like or dislike without needing to justify themselves in any form or way. threads start going downhill when users get too argumentative about something they have no way to prove through facts or logic. so let's be light-hearted about it.

Thanks Rahvin!

Somehow, this Thread was intended to discuss the possibility of an upcoming headlining tour of DT or better: not discuss, I just wanted to show you all what I discovered because it would be stupid to keep it as a secret. So, by now, there were maybe 3 or 4 replies concerning this...

(I know that I took part of the discussion here as well, but at that time it didn't run out of sense - only a small try to defend myself)

the local promoter just confirmed dt on this tour for the following shows
19.12. - slo - ljubljana - vpk mediapark
20.12. - a - linz posthof

oke, the one in linz is on a tuesday but well, I'll take a few days off if dt are really on this tour :)

Got these dates today:

06.12 - PARIS, TRABENDO (F)
08.12 - ANTWERP, HOF TERLO (B)
09.12 - HAARLEM, PATRONAAT (NL)
10.12 - UTRECHT, TIVOLI (NL)
11.12 - BOCHUM, ZECHE (D)
12.12 - HAMBURG, KNUST (D)
13.12 - COLOGNE, LIVE MUSIC HALL (D)
14.12 - STUTTGART, DIE ROHRE (D)
16.12 - MILAN, LIVE MUSIC CLUB (ITA)
17.12 - CESENA, VIADA (ITA)
18.12 - TREVISTO, NEW AGE (ITA)
19.12 - LJUBLJANA, VPK MEDIAPARK (SLO)
20.12 - LINZ, POSTHOF (AUS)
21.12 - MUNICH, ELSER ZUSATZHALLE (D)

The UK will be included as well, but we're not allowed to go public with those dates just yet. It's possible that there will be revisions to this list and hopefully some additions, but this is what's confirmed as of today.

I guess some xmas travelling is in for this year. IF there's some more later dates *grrrr* :/

I am gonna see DT again! Yay : D

It's great:
I am gonna see DT again, and they're playing in the city where I live, woohoo

Heh, it's great, I can't wait. : )

Siren said:
I guess some xmas travelling is in for this year. IF there's some more later dates *grrrr* :/

Why don't you come over to Utrecht? : D