Heard Dark Tranquillity At...HOT TOPIC?!?!

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
Yup! That's right...

I was strolling in Hot Topic (don't judge me!), and I heard "Shadow in Our Blood." Insane!

I couldn't even find any DT merchandise there! Not even the CD!

Why play the hit song and NOT sell the album?

Anyway, they had a cool Megadeth shirt there. I was thinking about getting it...

d00d ur so poser, r u gay
hot topix is 4 gayz d00d

Hot Topic is the only place I could get proper wallet chains, not the show-off improper ones, but, like, regular, the ones I carry around every day. Any other place simply doesn't carry them.

Had to get to LA and Las Vegas for that though =/

Hot topic is pretty shitty in my area. But throughout the country it isn't that bad. I suppose buffalo, and its neighbooring areas, consist of mainly emo, and scene kids.

Its a joke :lol:

Hot Topic is the only place I could get proper wallet chains, not the show-off improper ones, but, like, regular, the ones I carry around every day. Any other place simply doesn't carry them.

Had to get to LA and Las Vegas for that though =/

They have good stuff for Halloween, too. Sometimes they have pieces of things for costumes you wouldn't be able to get elsewhere or without having to pay a premium.

Hot Topic was pretty cool when I was like 14-17 and then it slowly evolved and malformed into something I just can't handle. The Emo/Scene thing has taken over, in a sucky type of way.

If I want wallets and chains, I'll usually go to Spencers.

Hot Topic was pretty cool when I was like 14-17 and then it slowly evolved and malformed into something I just can't handle. The Emo/Scene thing has taken over, in a sucky type of way.

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much he learned in just 7 years."

-Mark Twain

None of that now. Mark Twain didn't have my childhood, the freezing snow, hills both ways and all that noise!

I was just suggesting that, rather than Hot Topic growing lame over the years, you outgrew your own lameness. I don't mean that to be the least bit insulting; you could not possibly have outdone my lameness as a child. My dad had that quote on the refrigerator all the years of my childhood, and as a boy I always looked at it and thought, "I know! I hope my dad grows up." Now, as an older lad, I get it.

I went to the local Hot Topic to buy totally awesome fashion accessories, but the staff was always really rude to me. They made no bones about how lame I was. Maybe they were like that to everybody, since being too cool to be polite was a staple of the whole goth thing back in the day. On one hand, I'm glad that went away, but on the other it's really too bad that it became mainstream in the form of emo. I'm not sure which is worse, really.

Naw, I got what you meant man. I was just giving you hell.

I liked old Hot Topic though, cause I liked the older goth style. Not that I would full form dress like one, but accessory wise I have always dug it.

As someone said on the Vintersorg board "The gothic pirate works for Erik"...or something. I think the trying to quit smoking thing is fucking with the circuitry of my brain.

Day 1: I can't keep a thought constant enough to post on a forum.

As someone said on the Vintersorg board "The gothic pirate works for Erik"...or something. I think the trying to quit smoking thing is fucking with the circuitry of my brain.

I am quitting for 37th time right now, as well. Definitely get yourself on some kind of replacement, like gum or the patch. Dealing with nicotine withdrawal while fighting the habit just makes it harder as you go on. Using replacement therapy makes it get easier (as you get better at fighting the habit, and the withdrawal never really comes up). Plus, if you wear a patch at night, you will go places that you'd never have thought existed. This one dream I had, I was a girl (?) and I had locked myself in my bedroom suite (I was living in a castle) with my sister (which I don't have) and we were hiding from my dad, who happened to be a minotaur (which he's not in real life). Just weird shit, man.

Yeah, I was never really deeply into goth (or anything, I was that guy) but there was a formative experience as a boy about fourteen when I fell madly in lust with this goth chick. That, and Kittie was huge at the time. Do you remember this song?

They went platinum when most of the band members were 16 because of that song. Their drummer grew up to be probably the best female drummer ever. (Opinion)

Last edited by a moderator:
God, I hated Kittie, but remember that song. (Their new album is really good, actually). I dunno how I got into the darker clothing and stuff, just happened. I had always been attracted to Goth girls though, Daffney (from WCW Wrestling) was like my early teen crush.

Oh and about the patch, I was in the hospital once so I couldn't really go outside and smoke, so they gave me a patch. Talk about some fucked up dreams, good god.