Share your Dark Tranquillity Shirt collection!

I say: report the bastard. I reported someone selling cd-r's with the official videos but he was never banned.

@ Tranquillian,Schwedentod,Caotico,MorbidEnemy
King Chaos,Gtranquillity or any other forum member -
a ques?ion
Who is more in the wrong the person who sells
the bootleg (tshirt,CD,cassette,DVD,whatever)
or the fan who supports this, buying the bootleg item?

Definitely the bootlegger/seller himself, since he's the one profiting from the artist's work on a larger scale. Can't blame the fans for wanting to expand their collections, even if they know that some of the stuff isn't official as such.

Tranquillian said:
I say: report the bastard. I reported someone selling cd-r's with the official videos but he was never banned.
Sadly, this appears to be the norm on ebay - selling illegal products is not restricted in any way. This is especially true in certain niche-markets; it has been said that 99% of all the anime-DVDs sold on ebay are illegal bootlegs - so don't go buying your Miyazaki-movies there! There was a legal case about this a while back, I recall, and the result was that ebay is not responsible of what is auctioned there - thus they won't act against sellers of illegal products.

Ebay, as a whole, is most likely the biggest dealer of stolen/pirated properties in the world.

-Villain

Meanwhile
I was still thinking
about bootlegs,right/wrong,tshirts,eBay -
@Tranquillian in the beginning of eBay ownership more or less let the members police the site themselves, You could contact eBay and say La Rocque has posted an illegal item and they would remove it, but this practice fell into total chaos (people playing games, lying about things, just a complete mess) - so they stopped and now have VeRO - only the copyright owner can have an item removed - check it out
http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/vero-aboutme.html
@ Villain selling is restricted if the copyright owner wants to pursue it
I know from personal experience
I bought a DVD at a Kmart watched it and would probably never watch it again so I put it on eBay and started the auction at $5, when I checked my auctions the next morning the bid was up to $130 - WTF is going on here, maybe I should go to the Kmart and buy a few more, that night I found out WTF was going on as I got emails from eBay,eBay's lawyers and the lawyer of the person who's documentary was recorded on the DVD and never gave permission for it to be used - so I wrote back saying I don't understand I can buy as many copies as I like at Kmart, their reply was the copyright owner of the DVD was suing eBay and if I posted that DVD again I would not be put on suspension I would be banned for life - the lawyer (who wanted me to surrender my copy,F him) for the copyright owner said thanks for the information and Kmart will not be selling that DVD ever again. In fact when an item is removed by eBay at the request of a VeRO member and you think you are not in violation of a copyright eBay says take it up with the VeRO member.
So as You can see if the owner of the copyright wants an auction removed from eBay it will be removed - so if DT, CM will join the VeRO program it can be stopped but and this is the thing who is going to take the time to check everyday what is posted on eBay?
Warner Bros. is a member of VeRO and with their music,movie,books,TV departments I would guess there are at least 250,000 auctions at any time of WB items that have the possibility of being illegal - they would have to hire many,many people if they wanted every auction checked.
I'm a Rammstein freak and I wrote to Motor/Pilgrim about the bootleg thingies on eBay and received a reply to the effect that they just don't care about it, the woman from Motor was really nice and said they know about it but Rammstein sells hundreds of thousands of CDs and really how many of these bootleg items in the end are sold? As She wrote not that many.
What happened to me is probably an extreme example but if you what to stop it , it can be stopped -

The following is based only on hearsay, but this happens to be a pretty far-spread and often repeated story (which doesn't make it the truth, I know, but at least thousands of people believe it):

A few years ago, Disney, the owner of the distributing rights for the western world of all the Studio Ghibli films (Nausicaa, Laputa, Totoro, Mononoke Hime, Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, etc.) tried to stop the auctioning of literally tens of thousands of illegal Ghibli-bootlegs on ebay. As the ebay didn't do anything, Disney sued them - and lost the case. The judges decided that ebay had no responsibility whatsoever of what was auctioned on their site and if Disney wanted to stop the selling of illegal products, they'd have tosue each and every one of the bootleg-sellers individually. Merely informing ebay about them doesn't force ebay to take any action whatsoever, not even if you own the rights to the product.

And as said before, today approximately 99% of all anime-products sold on ebay are illegal bootlegs. If Disney, with all their lawyers and $, couldn't change it, I doubt anything could.

The lesson to be learned from this story: NEVER BUY ANY ANIME-PRODUCTS ON EBAY, UNLESS YOU ARE PERFECTLY SURE IT IS LEGAL - OTHERWISE YOU ARE MOST LIKELY SUPPORTING INTERNATIONAL CRIME.

And I've heard this applies to several other products sold on ebay as well - I'm just not familiar with them.

-Villain

So whats stopping people selling drugs or firearms on Ebay? I think Ill buy myself a nuclear war head and shoot it at an orphanage. Ebay have to take some discrepancy about whats allowed. some laws should be passed where Ebay should have to disallow people selling anything illegal.

I found this from the link La Rocque gave above (under Disney):

Q. What about Miyazaki (Studio Ghibli) videos and DVDs?

A. Disney currently has video and DVD distribution rights to the Miyazaki titles in several countries. Any eBay auction of unauthorized bootleg Miyazaki videos or DVDs in these countries will be ended. If you want to sell any Miyazaki titles, make sure they are legitimate copies and that they are authorized for sale in your country.
Yet, with a simple search for "ghibli" on the DVD's & Movies category, I found 191 products, of which 139 I could immediately identify as illegal bootlegs - by the topic-line alone! (ie. they were the well-known bootleg-boxsets, you can find more info about them at the following sites: http://www.digital.anime.org.uk/piratefaq.html , http://www.btinternet.com/~lawrencium2/bootleg.htm , www.nausicaa.net )

Of the remaining 52 products, I'm pretty sure at least 50 are bootlegs as well, just didn't bother to check them.

In other words, that VeRO-thing doesn't mean shit - ebay is still the bootleggers' paradise.

-Villain

1993 - Skydancer, Niklas drawing on front, 100 copies made
1999 - Projector tour shirt, no idea what the motif is called but it has weird eyes on a human/birdlike torso...?
2001 - Haven tour shirt, can't remember what it looks like right now
2002 - A japanese odyssey, japan tourshirt
2002 - Damage Done tour shirt, I think it's a variation of the album cover

I finally got around to taking pics of my shirts.
Hope these links work, I never have any luck with posting pics.:bah:

DarkTranquillity-TheGalleryTourLS (front)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/MorbidEnemy/Shirts/DarkTranquillity-TheGalleryTourLSfront.jpg
DarkTranquillity-TheGalleryTourLS (back)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/MorbidEnemy/Shirts/DarkTranquillity-TheGalleryTourLSback.jpg
DarkTranquillity-Wings Shirt (front)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/MorbidEnemy/Shirts/DarkTranquillity-Wingsfrontshirt.jpg
DarkTranquillity-Wings Shirt (back)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/MorbidEnemy/Shirts/DarkTranquillity-WingsbackShirt.jpg
DarkTranquillity-Therein LS Shirt
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/MorbidEnemy/Shirts/DarkTranquillity-ThereinShirt.jpg

Now you may see a blue spot on the sleeve of the Therein LS. Let me explain why.
So i finally decided to wear the Therein LS for the first time at school. And i'm walking up the stairs toward one of my classes, and it usually gets crowded, so i had to squeeze my way trough everyone and i ended up bumping into a wall of wet paint :mad:

Tranquillian said:
1993 - Skydancer, Niklas drawing on front, 100 copies made
NF: PISSED! i saw that shirt on ebay a couple of months ago and i bidded on it and lost it for about $28 (i think). Had i known there were 100 made i would had put up more of a fight.

A friend is going to sell me his Damage Done tour shirt for $8. He likes Dark Tranquillity a lot, but he knows I like them even more (and I begged).

Plus I'm buying him the Blind Guardian DVD so I guess he's getting the better end of the bargain. :Smug:

MorbidEnemy said:
NF: PISSED! i saw that shirt on ebay a couple of months ago and i bidded on it and lost it for about $28 (i think). Had i known there were 100 made i would had put up more of a fight.

There are 200, but 100 have Of chaos and eternal night on the back instead of Skydancer.

under the effect of this beer i shall hereby try to list my dt shirts.

the ones that fit me:
-girlie with the mind's i in the front
-girlie damage done (the one with henriksson's image)
-girlie white shirt with projector image on the front and dt logo on the back (not official, but it's a beautiful gift i got)

the ones that don't fit me:
-japanese odyssey
-invasione dell' italia 2003 (grey)
-hours passed in exile
-circular saw hoodie with zip

edit: i don't understand why i keep buying shirts that will hopefully never fit me.

seriously, why don't you order it from artworx? i know it costs a lot to just have it shipped over, but it can't be much more than it costed me..