heard some new songs!!

Marlies

veteran headbanger \m/
Jan 3, 2002
Regina, SK, Canada
www.wobben.org
Thanks to my webmaster priviliges ;) Cora and I have recently heard a few of the new tunes (Doorway To Survive, Dying Outside, To The Head, Amarillo) and they KICK ASS!! :OMG:

The first three are typical BS songs in the MM vein, no big surprises but definitely awesome compositions and strong choruses! When I first heard they were gonna cover Amarillo I thought, OH NO! That's gonna sound as lame as Wooly Booly (the Unholy bonus track I pretty much hate) but I was soooooooooooo wrong!!!!!!! From the first verse on it was obvious they made a killer metal song out of it, Andy sings the lyrics pretty viciously and the whole song is done with a lot of passion. The cheesy shalala chorus is so catchy and hilarious (as well as the "churchbell" that sounds more like a out-of-tune cowbell :p) that when Cora and I heard it for the time in the car, on our way home after the Symphorce gig, we bursted out into laughter and started chanting along like crazy, also inserting our own "hey hey!"'s hahaha!!!! :lol: This song just HAS to become the last encore of the shows, it's garanteed to turn any hall into a huge party!!!!!! It is INSANE! :hotjump:

So......... since then we officially call ourselves The Amarillo Girls instead of the Brainstorm Metal Girls!!!! :D :D :lol:

We can't stop singing Shalalalalalalala in public :loco:..... SHALALA LALA LALALA (HEY HEY!!;)), SHALALA LALA LALALA (HEY HEY!!;)), SHALALA LALA LALALA, AND MARIE WHO WAITS FOR ME :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gaunerin said:
yep....and did you see the (new) pics on the site as well? haha.....the pic in the middle of the ones on top feat. Andy is my favourite :D
And then they complain when we're talking about brea...
rolleyes.gif

It's always the same with BS-girls! :D ;) :D

Hell yeah! I just got the promo myself, and this sucker kicks all kinds of ass!

I cant wait to get the DVD/CD combo release at the end of June!

The song THE LEADING is just smokin my ears!

WOW btw I have heard alot of Brainstorm material but nothing ever really grabbed me.... so far this CD has hook me big time! A definite on my buy list!

Gaunerin said:
HELLcome DrumRman! Good to hear you like it. :)

Heya! Thanks for the HELLcome! hehe!

Just what I needed another band board to browse now! :p

This disc is definately a contender in my favs for 2003 so far, which has been a toss up of the new Twilightning, and Mystic Prophecy discs.

A great month in June to be a metal head!

Look at all the releases I gotta buy!

Edguy - Burning Down The Opera (June 2) (AFM Records)
Renstrom, Rick - Until The Better End (June 9) (Mascot Records)
Mystic Prophecy - Regressus (June 16)
Laudamus - Lost In Vain (June 16) (Escape Music)
Section A - The Seventh Sign (June 21) (Lion Music)
Winterlong - The Second Coming (June 21) (Lion Music)
Rob Rock - Eyes Of Eternity (June 23) (Massacre Records)
The Armada - Rage Of The Armada (June 23) (Limb)
Rising Faith - The Arrival (June 23) (Limb)
Dungeon - A Rise To Power (June 30) (Limb)
Brainstorm - Soul Temptation (June 30) (Metal Blade)

Yeah got the promo now too! It's really a versatile disc, a bit more in the direction of Ambiguity but with again increased songwriting and they've pushed the oriental theme a bit more, very cool!! Just a first impression;) I didn't listen a lot yet, because I've been feeding myself blastbeats and extreme insanity from Cryptopsy to prepare for an interview tonight;) After that I can slow down and start cranking Soul Temptation:) I also got the video (for Highs Without Lows) that's gonna be on the DVD as well, it is soooooooooooooooo cool!!!!!!!! They're just playing the song in a studio setting, wearing the clothes as in the new promopics, no audience, surrounded by black. Andy behaves a liiiiiittle bit different because he doesn't have an audience to communicate with :lol:
Get that limited thingie guys and gals!!!