anyone heard any of the new korn songs?

blimey said:
Opeth and Korn? Fuckin' kill me. You suck bro.

Yeah i HATE those FUCKERS that have DIFFERENT OPINIONS FROM ME they all SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111 FUCK!

Seriously wtf, if you like opeth are you only allowed to like certain other bands? I am pretty annoyed with the typical responses in this thread.

Umm... I actually own Korn's first 6 albums, but this was before I turned smart! I stopped listening to them about a week after the Mirror one came out. BOY did that suck major anus toadlings! I'm selling all of those cd's to some Nu-metal kid that I make fun of all the time. THEY SUCK. :)

Does anyone remember watching that MTV Metallica Icon tribute thing? There were a lot of bands playing Metallica covers infront of the band. Sum 41 did a song and so did Avril, then Korn got up and tried to cover "One". Since then I've never given them the time of day as they butchered the song so badly and only played 4 mins worth of it because they simply were not skilled enough to play the whole song. Sum 41 may make a lot of crappy music, but I respect them because the played a pretty sick "Master of puppets" cover. In a nutshell, Korn disgraced themselves...

dishcloth said:
Does anyone remember watching that MTV Metallica Icon tribute thing? There were a lot of bands playing Metallica covers infront of the band. Sum 41 did a song and so did Avril, then Korn got up and tried to cover "One". Since then I've never given them the time of day as they butchered the song so badly and only played 4 mins worth of it because they simply were not skilled enough to play the whole song. Sum 41 may make a lot of crappy music, but I respect them because the played a pretty sick "Master of puppets" cover. In a nutshell, Korn disgraced themselves...
You are a fool, if you had any intelligence you would have noticed that none of the bands played full songs because they were simply not given that much time to play.

And one more thing, I despise people who claim to be fans of a band or a style of music and the next day they start hating on it because it is not cool to like it anymore. If you were never into Korn's sound that's cool, but people like Tubbs make me sick because they are the biggest posers (and I hate that word, never use it). I grew up on Korn and I still love them to death even if I have expanded my tastes to include a lot more different music. Oh well, at least you abandoned Korn before Take a Look in the Mirror as I will admit that was their weakest album. The new one is interesting though.

I've never liked Korn...and I don't think I'll change now...

I was a teenager (15) but maybe because I had already been into metal when they first came out in '94 that I couldn't stomach the false angst because I'd already heard music that was WAY more ugly, angry, and brutal!

My introduction into the really heavy stuff was Carcass/Napalm Death/Entombed/Grave...so after listening to that for some years, how could I possibly take Korn's nu-angst seriously?

and really...giving nu-metal credit for saving metal...gimme a break. Metal will never die...even after all these watered down bands disappear, there will still be metal bands with true heart and integrity...

I CAN give nu-metal credit for bringing in a lot of people who SAY they are into metal but have no idea of the history behind it...they don't listen to anything released before the mid-90's...call me elitist (I prefer purist) if you will but that I think is what bothers me most about nu-metallers and just people in general who are jumping on the 'it's so cool to be metal, lemme throw the horns atcha!' bandwagon....

And for those of you saying that you used to love Korn and now you hate them for whatever reason....that is the lamest of the lame....you obviously didn't like them too much to be able to fall out of love with them once your next trend comes along...

I'll totally admit that when I was a teenager, I would listen to Smashing Pumpkins, Jane's Addiction, Alice in Chains, The Cure, The Smiths/Morrissey, yes and even Pearl Jam right alongside some brutal fucking metal/crust/power violence/grindcore...and I still love all the music that I listened to when I was younger....that will never change...

FRUGiHOYi said:
You are a fool, if you had any intelligence you would have noticed that none of the bands played full songs because they were simply not given that much time to play.

Lack of time does not make excuse for the song sounding like absolute garbage. If I had any intelligence....I'm sorry but I've got enough intelligence to realize what is crap in the music industry and I'm sorry but Korn loses. So sorry I didn't realize they had only small amounts of time. None of the bands playing interested me enough to take a lot of interest in the show, so I only saw a bit of it. When is Jonathon Davis going to sing about anything else other than what his father did...

I disagree with you when you say that Korn fakes emotion. I think they put a lot of heart into the music. And I know you're not saying all fans of nu-metal are this way, but I do listen to a lot of music made before the 90's.

dishcloth said:
Lack of time does not make excuse for the song sounding like absolute garbage. If I had any intelligence....I'm sorry but I've got enough intelligence to realize what is crap in the music industry and I'm sorry but Korn loses. So sorry I didn't realize they had only small amounts of time. None of the bands playing interested me enough to take a lot of interest in the show, so I only saw a bit of it. When is Jonathon Davis going to sing about anything else other than what his father did...
What his father did? I'm sorry, you lost me.

FRUGiHOYi said:
What a predictable response.

First of all you nut-suckers: I am angered at FRUGiHOYi because Opeth, an amazing band will never be as low as Korn has sunk to. People can have different opinions than me, yes, but I am entitled to make fun of them if their opinions are shitty, am I not?

FRUGiHOYi said:
Sure you can make fun of me if you think my opinion is shitty, but others are entitled to come-backs as well...

Right. I'm not the one bitching about retorts. And BTW, people who like Korn should have their rights overturned.

FRUGiHOYi said:
I disagree with you when you say that Korn fakes emotion. I think they put a lot of heart into the music. And I know you're not saying all fans of nu-metal are this way, but I do listen to a lot of music made before the 90's.

Well like I said...after listening to much more brutal and angry music before ever even hearing Korn....their emotion just seems contrived...it's not moving...at least I'M not moved...since they're your favorite band I can see how you would want to defend them (hell, I've had to defend my love of glam to friends before!) but that's just how my ears hear them...unmoving, trite...

Korn is mainly anger and sorrow, but of course those aren't the only emotions that exist! And St. Anger is the worst thing I have ever heard in my life.

HaloPhenomenon said:
So the angrier the music is the more emotional it gets?
I bet you consider st.anger as emotional music? ha ha.
There are other deep emotions than hate and sorrow.

erm. no.
The more emotional the music is the more emotional it is...
I'm just saying anger/brutality because Korn are seen as being angsty/brutal supposedly...
And no...I think St. Anger sounds like Metallica went on the cheap and recorded in a 2 bit studio. Nothing compared to Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, AJFA...I wouldn't even think it was the same band if it wasn't for Hetfield's distinctive voice...

Hell, I would probably listen to Korn before suffering through St. Anger again.

And yes, my little tadpole...I know there are more deep emotions than hate and sorrow...but thanks for reminding me!