Heartwork > Slaughter of the Soul

Heartwork is a good album but Necroticism is better. I dont think much of Slaughter of the Soul, its a very commercial sounding album, well thats the first thing i thought when it anyway, my two fav ATG albums are With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness and The Red In The Sky Is Ours

At the gates is the only gotenburg band I can listen to... all this melodic crap like inflames, dark tranquillity etc... is annoying...

I think SOTS is very good! They managed to make a great mixture of thrash, death and melodies and gave it balls! it kicks ass!

Anyone ever notice how 75% of all posts are posts based on the following phrases or synonyms of.

Such and such blows.
Those albums suck listen to this album.
Melodic Death Sucks
Black Metal sucks
Yes I agree
I concur
That album is highly overated
I like some slipknot songs.

You fucking queers need to shut the fuck up and start posting some sensible shit on here. How about some intelligent discussion on the 2 albums in question instead of a fucking public poll? I didn't see this thread created as a poll so why the fuck do you ambiguously retarded mal-breeds turn it into one? Jiminy Josofats.
Varunlv if you have nothing to contribute to a fucking thread other than a one word answer which is irrelevant in any case, being that it is your opinion. Which carries less weight than Karen Carpenter's dead corpse.
This forum needs to go fuck themselves! The End

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Anyone ever notice how 75% of all posts are posts based on the following phrases or synonyms of.

Such and such blows.
Those albums suck listen to this album.
Melodic Death Sucks
Black Metal sucks
Yes I agree
I concur
That album is highly overated
I like some slipknot songs.

You fucking queers need to shut the fuck up and start posting some sensible shit on here. How about some intelligent discussion on the 2 albums in question instead of a fucking public poll? I didn't see this thread created as a poll so why the fuck do you ambiguously retarded mal-breeds turn it into one? Jiminy Josofats.
Varunlv if you have nothing to contribute to a fucking thread other than a one word answer which is irrelevant in any case, being that it is your opinion. Which carries less weight than Karen Carpenter's dead corpse.
This forum needs to go fuck themselves! The End
I concur

but how did you help in giving your opinion or comparing and contrasting?..you just came to this thread to spam it..shame shame

Heartwork owns all Death Metal albums meaning it's the greatest Death Metal album of all time. Slaughter Of The Soul is the second best Swedish Death Metal album only losing out to "Beyond Sanctorum".

Erm, if it wasn't for tiredness I would previously have stated that SOTS isn't death metal at all, it's basically speed metal with death vocals.

Well, SoS isn't even on such a list, it's not a death metal album.

SoS is a pathetic effort. Heartwork is nothing special, but at least there are some pretty decent speed riffs to be found on it.

Overall, ATG was a much better band than Carcass, but I guess the topic didn't ask about that...

SotS was great.

I fail to see how death vocals and grinding guitar noises will ever sound commercial.

I already know most ppl dont like SotS, so I'm not going to start an argument over it.

Certain albums here for one reason or another get picked on ... SotS is one of them, get over it.

A shame, really. Although the argument that ATG's previous output remains superior composition/transcendence-wise is not unfounded.

I wasn't saying it was a blatantly commercial album, but compared to ATG's other releases, the first thing that hit me was that it was just more easy to listen to and more catchy/acceptable, im not saying its commercial sounding in the nu-in flames sense, but just compared to their other releases

None_So_Vile said:
I wasn't saying it was a blatantly commercial album, but compared to ATG's other releases, the first thing that hit me was that it was just more easy to listen to and more catchy/acceptable, im not saying its commercial sounding in the nu-in flames sense, but just compared to their other releases
thats not necessarily a bad thing though, especially when you've got riffs so good.