Overrated albums

I really dont have any idea what over-rated means here unless you still believe in absolute truth so i will further explain my choices
morbid angel
cannibal corpse

just some of the many that can represent the old bands that lost relevance over time. Not to mention fucking boring and cliche.

Iron maiden
judas priest
black sabbath

Still trying to figure out the correlation between them and any real metal that followed.

Vital Remains
Bodom
Symphony X

Just cause hahah

Life Sucks said:
I agree. I like that CD, but it's not by far the most incredible CD of 2003 like many dm fans seem to think. It's good, but not unusually great.

exactly and thank you

Dr Psyklonic said:
snowwhitesuicide said:
Lamb of God-Everything
The Devin Townsend Band and Strapping Young Lad-Everything
QUOTE]

what are you? a fucking pussy?

what's the problem, too :headbang:\m/etal:headbang: for you?

you're seriously the first person on the internet and offline that i've seen that thinks Strapping Young Lad are overrated.

your loss.

btw, the latest Vader ('Blood') isn't an album, it's an EP intended to keep the fans happy till the next full-lengther ;) - just to be pedantic

Oh I was not aware of that, thank you for the info. BTW It was Revelations I meant, but I don´t remember the kickass song.

Metallica - everything after Justice For All
Six Feet Under - everything
Cradle of Filth - everything
Deicide - everything
Superjoint Ritual - everything
Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion
Cannibal Corpse - everything
Rolling Stones - everything
Queen - everything
Morbid Angel - everything except Altars, Blessed and Covenant
Pantera - Reinventing the Steel

TaylorC said:
Metallica - everything after Justice For All
Morbid Angel - everything except Altars, Blessed and Covenant
Pantera - Reinventing the Steel
I wouldn't call those overrated. overrated means that its an album that almost everyone loves, but you cant stand. and I don't remember albums like Load or Reinventing the steel that type, as most people think of them as poorly. Same with Morbid Angel to a degree, everyone thinks the first 3 are the best and many don't care after that.

overrated doesn't mean that everyone else has to like it... it means that too many people reckon it's any good.

After discussion on another board, i have to add more...

Poison The Well > shit name, shit band
Marduk > mindless pointless black metal crap
Darkest Hour > supposedly sound Swedish, sound just like OTT US thrash crap
Napalm Death - Order Of The Leech > after Enemy Of The Music Business i was hoping for something so much more than Order Of The Leech.

queensryche : operation|mindcrime - shit. I bought it because people raved about it and because i like nevermore and they are supposedly a big influence on them. but it was crap crap crap.

Soilwork : Natural born chaos - shit. put some distorted guitars in a backstreet boys cd and you would get something with more balls and less boppy gay happy melodies.

Overkill : in particular : necroshine - i hate the singer and the music is pretty crap too.

cathedral : forest of equilibrium - no balls and it's boring

tool : lateralus - everyone raves about it but i like 2 songs on it the rest is boring overly repititious, meandering experimental (for the sake of it) crap. Aenima was awesome. lateralis has nothing that grabs me.

I agree with reign in blood and master of puppets. Reign is just over rated in my opinion angel of death and raining blood kill the rest meh. hell awaits, south of heaven, seasons in the abyss all are heaps better. Master of puppets is awesome... but in my opinion ...and justice for all (other than the title track) hammers it into dust.