Overrated albums

OVERRATED imo:-

>Emperor - IX Equlibrium
considering some people reckon this to be Emperor's finest hour, it left me slightly disappointed after In The Nightside Eclipse
>At The Gates in general.
other than Slaughter Of The Soul, i can't really be fucked with any ATG, especially With Fear....
>Superjoint Ritual - A Lethal Dose Of American Hatred
>DevilDriver - DevilDriver
>Shadows Fall - any
>Stampin Ground - A New Darkness Upon Us
>Dillinger Escape Plan
too Meshuggah-do-nu-metal for my liking. Plus Mastodon make them look like a right bunch of pussies
>Six Feet Under - Bringer Of Blood
>Cannibal Corpse - Butchered At Birth
>Arch Enemy - Burning Bridges, Stigmata, Wages Of Sin and MOST DEFINATELY Anthems of Rebellion

i could probably continue but i can't be bothered.

dimensionidol said:
actually i think is underrated!

:Smug:
(Referring to Morbid Angel's "Formulas...")

That's cool. I think a lot of people feel that way. I'm just more into their earlier thrash-oriented material. o_O

Dr Psyklonic said:
OVERRATED imo:-

>Emperor - IX Equlibrium
considering some people reckon this to be Emperor's finest hour, it left me slightly disappointed after In The Nightside Eclipse
>At The Gates in general.
other than Slaughter Of The Soul, i can't really be fucked with any ATG, especially With Fear....
>Superjoint Ritual - A Lethal Dose Of American Hatred
>DevilDriver - DevilDriver
>Shadows Fall - any
>Stampin Ground - A New Darkness Upon Us
>Dillinger Escape Plan
too Meshuggah-do-nu-metal for my liking. Plus Mastodon make them look like a right bunch of pussies
>Six Feet Under - Bringer Of Blood
>Cannibal Corpse - Butchered At Birth
>Arch Enemy - Burning Bridges, Stigmata, Wages Of Sin and MOST DEFINATELY Anthems of Rebellion

i could probably continue but i can't be bothered.

I agree with every single one of these, except I thought Burning Bridges was a good disc. Especially Shadow's Fall, they're from my state so all I ever hear is how wonderful people think they are. I always thought mediocre was a better word. :Smug:

Iced Earth's stuff befre the Burnt Offerings album. Everyone seems to say that those are masterpieces. Personally, i never could see why. average. Not that Burnt Offerings is a masterpiece, but the first album from them that I can sit through (along with Dark Saga and Horror Show).

I got nothing to do so:

Dissection - Storm of the Light´s Bane (It´s pretty good, but everyone keeps saying "It´s teh best ever"
Dissection - The Somberlain (see above)
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger (It contains one good song, the rest is just boring)
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (It´s soo evul and broothal! Garbage I would say)
In Flames - everything they´ve done except Behind Space.
Cannibal Corpse - everyting (Sure they have one or two songs that are great, but the rest is just boring and reptive)
Vader - Their latest one, I don´t even remember what it´s called (There are one song that is badass, but the rest is just filler.)
Cryptopsy - Pretty much everything (Boring and no fucking structure)
Meshuggah - Everything (Future Breed Machine it badass but the rest is either boring or just weird)
Opeth - Most overrated band in history?
Metallica - Ride The Lightning (Fight Fire... and Creeping is great but the others are just boring.)
Dark Tranquillity - Pretty much everything.
Morbid Angel - Everything, bam-bam boring)
Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper/Hatecrew... (The two first albums were good but these are just "easylistening"=boring)
Iron Maiden - Pretty much everything.
Machine Head - From the Ashes (or something like that) - Back to da roots hay? No don´t think so, It´s just broing)
Metallica - "The Black Album" (Does this record even containg a single good riff?)

Metallica - Master Of Puppetsm for sure
Also anything by Cradle Of Filth and Messhugah

Slaughter Of The Soul is my favourite album though. Can't be overrated imo :) haha

I Suppose Reign In Blood is overrated. its often hailed as the best slayer album. i disagree, i think show no mercy or seasons in the abyss are better. but RIB does kick ass \m/

snowwhitesuicide said:
Lamb of God-Everything
The Devin Townsend Band and Strapping Young Lad-Everything
QUOTE]

what are you? a fucking pussy?

what's the problem, too :headbang:\m/etal:headbang: for you?

you're seriously the first person on the internet and offline that i've seen that thinks Strapping Young Lad are overrated.

your loss.

btw, the latest Vader ('Blood') isn't an album, it's an EP intended to keep the fans happy till the next full-lengther ;) - just to be pedantic

Let me add anyone anyone that says Cynic - Focus needs to get a Q-Tip and clean there ears.

Let me add for what they did alone took some fucking balls. The combination of the things they mixed and the time they did it is incredible alone. Especially in the erly 90's when death metal was about gore and a kill fest and being as brutal as possible. They were the first to do what they did on Focus and the cd will be a testimony in metal for life. Paul is an amazing guitarist also.