4. Cause of Death

5. Vulgar Display of Power

6. Schizophrenia

7. Reign In Blood

8. Welcome To Hell

LHP
PTK
BATS
SWR (but I don't like either really, I fucking hate John Tardy)
Couldn't care less 'bout Pantera
Schizophrenia
Hell Awaits, I guess
BM

1. Entombed
"Left Hand Path" BY FAR.

2. Kreator
"Pleasure To Kill," becuase it was very influential, and fucking sick. "Extreme Aggression" is awesome as well though.

3. Morbid Angel
"Altars of Madness" because it's better and also pretty damn influential.

4, Obituary
"Slowly We Rot" VS "Cause of Death" - This'll be a tie, these both equally rock.

5. Pantera
"Cowboys From Hell", easily.

6. Sepultura
"Schizophrenia" VS "Beneath The Remains" VS "Arise" - I really don't know, you can't go wrong with any of these. But if anything, I'd say "Beneath The Remains" ties it with "Schizophrenia."

7. Slayer
"Hell Awaits," because it's better. Of course, "RIB" rules.

8. Venom
"Black Metal", because it rocks just a bit harder than "Welcome To Hell."

You've got it all wrong

1. Entombed
Wolverine Blues

2. Kreator
Coma of Souls

3. Morbid Angel
Covenant

4, Obituary
The End Complete

5. Pantera
Great Southern Trendkill

6. Sepultura
Chaos AD

7. Slayer
Seasons in the Abyss

8. Venom
Venom can rot in their mire of nonentity and musical irrelevance

Goatfxxker said:
You've got it all wrong

1. Entombed
Wolverine Blues

3. Morbid Angel
Covenant

5. Pantera
Great Southern Trendkill

6. Sepultura
Chaos AD

8. Venom
Venom can rot in their mire of nonentity and musical irrelevance

why....?

Jean-Pierre said:
2. Kreator
"Pleasure To Kill," becuase it was very influential, and fucking sick. "Extreme Aggression" is awesome as well though.

I thought Extreme Aggression was pretty weak in comparison to the aggression in Pleasure to Kill.

1. Entombed
Left Hand Path VS Clandestine - LHP. Although, I probably should have put this album in the overrated thread. LHP is a wicked song, but otherwise the album isn't all that brilliant.

2. Kreator
Pleasure To Kill VS Extreme Aggression - Pleasure to Kill, I think its an entirely underrated album.

3. Morbid Angel
Altars of Madness VS Blessed Are The Sick - Altars of Madness because it did pretty much the same thing, before BATS and did it a little better. It's almost like comparing Seasons in the Abyss with Divine Intervention, although with a smaller gap in quality.

4, Obituary
Slowly We Rot VS Cause of Death - Never really gave Obituary that much of a listening. Cause of Death I've heard the majority of, and its pretty wicked. So I'll go with that.

5. Pantera
Cowboys From Hell VS Vulgar Display of Power - No contest, Cowboys from Hell

6. Sepultura
Schizophrenia VS Beneath The Remains VS Arise - Arise or Beneath the Remains I guess, but the song 'Arise' probably gets it over the line

7. Slayer
Hell Awaits VS Reign In Blood - probably on par with each other, although in response to GoD's comment in the 'overrated thread' Jesus Saves slays! Reign in Blood over the line with Raining Blood being > Hell Awaits.

8. Venom
Welcome To Hell VS Black Metal
Never heard either, based on the fact that all you hear about Venom is that 'they were the first Black Metal act'. Its never 'this album completely fucking rules'

misfit said:
8. Venom
Welcome To Hell VS Black Metal
Never heard either, based on the fact that all you hear about Venom is that 'they were the first Black Metal act'. Its never 'this album completely fucking rules'

In that case, I recommend you listen to both because they fucking rock, if you want to forget about the whole influence factor.

Jean-Pierre said:
In that case, I recommend you listen to both because they fucking rock, if you want to forget about the whole influence factor.

They might "rock" but they actually write really shitty music.

1. Left Hand Path

2. Pleasure To Kill

3. Altars Of Madness

4. Cause Of Death

5. Got both albums, can't stand them.

6.Beneath The Remains

7. Hell Awaits, though it is a close one. Hell Awaits was much more well balanced, Reign In Blood had the greats but there was much too noticable filler.

8. Nope.

Cythraul said:
They might "rock" but they actually write really shitty music.

:lol:

oh also, id like to add Agalloch: Pale Folklore v The Mantle

atm, im leaning towards pale folklore, but in the past it has always been the mantle (well, since it has been released.)

Jean-Pierre said:
Because they're a million times more innovative than anything anyone else made at the time, they are all the bands outputs at their peaks when the bands dared to take some risks and they are all fucking great albums.
And Venom are one of the most overrated bands ever. NOTHING they have done has ever been good. They can't fucking play their instruments or write songs.

So you know.

Neither.

I'm not saying there is something wrong with "Reign in Blood", "Arise" or "Altars of Madness" - those are actually some of my all time favourite albums. I'm just pointing out the fact that a band's classic output doesn't have to stop after album no 2 or 3.

I also happen to think that the idea that there is such a thing as "THE best EVER" of anything in a domain so subjective as music is completely fucking ridiculous.

Maybe you lot are just stuck with your teenage ears and are incapable of listening to things you heard years ago in a different way, or see how important those albums have turned out to be. But that's not my problem.

And Venom REALLY suck.