Choose which classic album you prefer out of these established bands

1. Entombed
Clandestine....tough one but this is more memorable and has better riffs

2. Kreator
Pleasure To Kill....really close but this one is just perfect

3. Morbid Angel
Blessed Are The Sick....close but this one has better songs and is more complete

4, Obituary
Cause of Death....the lead playing makes this one better....and it has better songs

5. Pantera
Vulgar Display of Power....they are both pretty average

6. Sepultura
Beneath The Remains....this is a close one between Schizophrenia and BtR....Arise isn't even close

7. Slayer
Reign In Blood....this is damn close too but I like this better

8. Venom
Welcome To Hell VS Black Metal...haven't heard em

1. Entombed
Left Hand Path

2. Kreator
Pleasure To Kill

3. Morbid Angel
Blessed Are The Sick

4, Obituary
Slowly We Rot VS Cause of Death (don't know)

5. Pantera
Cowboys From Hell (don't like either)

6. Sepultura
beneath the remains i guess

7. Slayer
Hell Awaits

8. Venom
Black Metal

Goatfxxker said:
Maybe you lot are just stuck with your teenage ears and are incapable of listening to things you heard years ago in a different way, or see how important those albums have turned out to be. But that's not my problem.

And Venom REALLY suck.

1. Yeah, Chaos AD is really fucking important. So important that it influenced truckloads of putrid mallcore and jump-da-fuk-up retardation. The album that followed it was even more of a nasty abomination.

2. No doubt that Venom started out as a band who couldn't really play their damn instruments. But that's part of the fucking charm! Their early music is just simple Motorhead influenced Speed with a darker edge, there's nothing fucking wrong with it. And don't listen to Cythraul's opinion about anything that isn't 2nd wave Black Metal or masturbatory electronica.

EDIT: Actually...what the fuck was I thinking? Cythraul's just a wannabe Demiurge who ended up getting labelled as a troll instead, just don't listen to anything he says.

Spirit In Black said:
1. Entombed
Clandestine....tough one but this is more memorable and has better riffs

2. Kreator
Pleasure To Kill....really close but this one is just perfect

3. Morbid Angel
Blessed Are The Sick....close but this one has better songs and is more complete

4, Obituary
Cause of Death....the lead playing makes this one better....and it has better songs

5. Pantera
Vulgar Display of Power....they are both pretty average

6. Sepultura
Beneath The Remains....this is a close one between Schizophrenia and BtR....Arise isn't even close

7. Slayer
Reign In Blood....this is damn close too but I like this better

8. Venom
Welcome To Hell VS Black Metal...haven't heard em

Ditto, though I'd go with Black metal at the end and I do really enjoy Arise.

The real question is, Sepultura Morbid Visions or Bestial Devestation??

and about Agalloch, I still cannot decide which I like better, i go back and forth depending on the mood

1. Entombed
Left Hand Path

2. Kreator
Pleasure To Kill

3. Morbid Angel
Blessed Are The Sick (barely)

4, Obituary
Cause of Death (barely)

5. Pantera
Cowboys From Hell

6. Sepultura
Beneath The Remains

7. Slayer
Reign In Blood

1. Entombed
Clandestine

2. Kreator
Extreme Aggression

3. Morbid Angel
Blessed Are The Sick

4, Obituary
Cause of Death

5. Pantera
Vulgar Display of Power

6. Sepultura
Beneath The Remains

7. Slayer
Hell Awaits

8. Venom
Black Metal

Minion520 said:
The real question is, Sepultura Morbid Visions or Bestial Devestation??

and about Agalloch, I still cannot decide which I like better, i go back and forth depending on the mood

Well, I like those albums but I prefer when they started going thrash.

Seems like the popular choice for the Sepultura album is Beneath The Remains. I wish it had more of that raw aggression and eeriness they had on Schizophrenia though.

Jean-Pierre said:
Cythraul's just a wannabe Demiurge

Hey, let's keep the insults above the belt now! At least Cyth's had his shots!

MURAI said:
Seems like the popular choice for the Sepultura album is Beneath The Remains. I wish it had more of that raw aggression and eeriness they had on Schizophrenia though.

It's mostly blast-blast-blast, though. BTR is a much more varied sonic palette. Aside from "Inquisition Symphony," BTR is a more mature release, and I personally enjoy the riffs a lot more. Arise used to be my favorite, but I recently rediscovered Chaos A.D., and now that is tied with BTR as my fave releases from the jungle boys.

For the rest:

1. Entombed
Left Hand Path - More atmospheric and mystical sounding to me. Clandestine's one whopping motherfucker of an album, though.

2. Kreator
Pleasure To Kill - Three words: RIOT OF VIOLENCE.

3. Morbid Angel
Altars of Madness - Less Malmsteen, more rockin'. Although I generally dislike anything by this band.

4, Obituary
Slowly We Rot - It elicits a chuckle to know that half the songs have no lyrics. More of a piece of nostalgia than anything.

5. Pantera
Cowboys From Hell - I only choose this album for the title track. The first two Pantera albums are pretty much equal for me, with RTS and FBD tied at second.

6. Sepultura
Beneath The Remains - Everything by this band owns, though.

7. Slayer
Reign In Blood - Honestly, I just have more memories with this one. Nothing beats SITA or SOH, though.

8. Venom
Black Metal - VEEEEEEEEEEEENOOOOOOOOO[...]OOOOOMMMMMMM!!!

2. Kreator
Pleasure To Kill VS Extreme Aggression
Haven't heard Extreme Aggression, so I would go with Pleasure To Kill by default. Also it had a lot to do with the album being highly influential to death metal in the future. No Kreator = no Death or Morbid Angel.

3. Morbid Angel
Altars of Madness VS Blessed Are The Sick

4, Obituary
Slowly We Rot VS Cause of Death
One reason. James Murphy.

5. Pantera
Cowboys From Hell VS Vulgar Display of Power
CFH has better vocals, but Vulgar Display has more aggression and better rhythm guitar.

6. Sepultura
Schizophrenia VS Beneath The Remains VS Arise
The first three tracks are the perfect way to start off a good thrash album. Beneath The Remains is good in it's own right though.

7. Slayer
Hell Awaits VS Reign In Blood
I give an edge to Hell Awaits because RIB is one of the most overrated albums ever. Hell Awaits has better drumming, and Reign In Blood has a lot of filler tracks.

Definitely Reign In Blood for Slayer. They were cool before that, but that album was kind of a turning point for them, where IMO they really established the "Slayer Sound."

1. Entombed
Left Hand Path

2. Kreator
Pleasure To Kill

3. Morbid Angel
Altars of Madness

4, Obituary
Cause of Death

5. Pantera
Cowboys From Hell

6. Sepultura
Beneath The Remains

7. Slayer
Hell Awaits

8. Venom
Welcome To Hell

1. Entombed
Left Hand Path

2. Kreator
Pleasure To Kill

3. Morbid Angel
Altars of Madness VS Blessed Are The Sick... Neither. Give me Abominations Of Desolation instead.

4, Obituary
Slowly We Rot

5. Pantera
Cowboys From Hell VS Vulgar Display of Power... Neither. Give me any of their Glam albums instead. They are far supreme.

6. Sepultura
Schizophrenia

7. Slayer
Show No Mercy

8. Venom
Welcome To Hell

Poison God Machine said:
2. Kreator
Pleasure To Kill VS Extreme Aggression
Haven't heard Extreme Aggression, so I would go with Pleasure To Kill by default. Also it had a lot to do with the album being highly influential to death metal in the future. No Kreator = no Death or Morbid Angel.

Mille freely admitted many times that they were trying to copy POSSESSED with that album.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Bestial Devastation*
Bestial Devastation is too short to really be in consideration when talking about "albums"; it's an EP, and it's not even close to being a full album (it doesn't make the 28 minute mark).

BlackGoat said:
Mille freely admitted many times that they were trying to copy POSSESSED with that album.
You can tell by the drumwork and the tremelo. But it was still a very influential release nonetheless.