HEATHEN CRUSADE PRE-PARTY ... I need advice!

Cheiron said:
Tyr
Korpiklaani (sort of... still be awesome at any show)
Einerjer (sp?)

I will second Tyr and Korpiklaani, though Einherjer isn't gonna happen since they are split-up:cry:

Other seconds and stuff, I'd love to see any of these:

Agalloch
Battlelore
Ensiferum (since I missed Ensiferum at Wacken last year)
Wintersun (Since I missed them due to a messed up leg at Wacken this year)
Wolves In The Throne Room (love this band)
Summoning (would love to see this band live)

I am already 100% sure I will be at Heathen Crusade again next year, since I really want to see Rudra, Vreid and Manegarm live.

Pulling off Wintersun or Ensiferum would be amazing, those two seem like they could easily headline the entire festival in my opinion. Although the top band that would make me unquestionably make the trip would be TYR, especially with their new cd coming out.

Thank you all for your additional points and General Zod for a more practical approach.

THERE DEFINITELY WILL BE A PRE-PARTY on Thursday, January 18. Much more info to follow.

I am weighing ALL opinions posted here, please keep them coming!

The more I think about this, the more I'm thinking that getting one of HC's bands from last year to make a return engagement as your 'marquee' band is your best plan..... Look what it's done for the PPUSA pre-party, plus the bands might be grateful for a chance to come back to play for an audience they already know will be appreciative.

Moonsorrow, Battlelore, Turisas, Ensiferum.

Any of those, or all ;) I'll be an attendee for sure. I'm not really familiar with the official lineup.

Empress said:
Moonsorrow, Battlelore, Turisas, Ensiferum.

Any of those, or all ;) I'll be an attendee for sure. I'm not really familiar with the official lineup.

Start with newer SKYFORGER!!!! Fantastic stuff. "Thunderforge" is a great place to start. I think Vried is decent. I was a big Windir fan but Vried has really taken thier sound off course i my opinion. Manegarm too is worth checking out.. I havent heard a bad disc from them yet. The latest is really good.

Diabolik said:
Start with newer SKYFORGER!!!!
Based on who she's recommended so far, I'd say start with Månegarm. Vredens Tid is a good disc to pick up. After that, I'd say check out Vreid. They're sound isn't too far off from being Power Metal with Black vocals. Both their discs are pretty equal in quality, with the new one, Pitch Black Brigade, having the better production of the two. Though, it's closer to the Black n Roll sound of Satyricon.

Skyforger = :yuk:

Zod

General Zod said:
Based on who she's recommended so far, I'd say start with Månegarm. Vredens Tid is a good disc to pick up. After that, I'd say check out Vreid. They're sound isn't too far off from being Power Metal with Black vocals. Both their discs are pretty equal in quality, with the new one, Pitch Black Brigade, having the better production of the two. Though, it's closer to the Black n Roll sound of Satyricon.

Skyforger = :yuk:

Zod

I'll second Vreden's Tid, damn good album I think.

Pellaz said:
The more I think about this, the more I'm thinking that getting one of HC's bands from last year to make a return engagement as your 'marquee' band is your best plan..... Look what it's done for the PPUSA pre-party, plus the bands might be grateful for a chance to come back to play for an audience they already know will be appreciative.

If that happens, I personally hope for Primordial to return, I loved their set.

Good luck with the pre fest. I had a killer time attending the first Heathen Crusade as I am glad Kris's idea came to fruition. I do have to wonder if I will be able to get the extra days offs though for this one.

There's a show advertised on the Heathen Crusade website, happening on Tuesday Jan. 16 (tuesday before the fest) and promoted by Swordlord. Dark Funeral, Enslaved, Abigail Williams, Teratism, and Wraithlan (I think - can't make out the low-res text) are performing.

Nathan, I'm guessing (correctly?) this is the pre-party. While it does look pretty cool, I wonder why it's happening on the Tuesday before the festival and not, say, the Thursday. It will be tough for out-of-towners such as myself and a few others I can think of to make it for such an early pre-party. What is shakin' down?

acidbasement said:
Nathan, I'm guessing (correctly?) this is the pre-party. While it does look pretty cool, I wonder why it's happening on the Tuesday before the festival and not, say, the Thursday. It will be tough for out-of-towners such as myself and a few others I can think of to make it for such an early pre-party. What is shakin' down?

Based on the information I've been able to track down, this show is not the pre-party, but simply a stop on the Dark Funeral/Enslaved North American tour in Jan./Feb.

It's an intriguing coincidence, but I do believe they are separate entities.

Jason