Heathen DVD & New Album?

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
I got a phone call from Tom Christie("Old Old School"), who has worked for Heathen since the begining & through all the changes in their line-up. He asked me what shows I videoed taped back in
the day. I told him I had a couple of shows at the San Francisco Stone(original line-up), & one from a show in Phoenix, Arizona in "88, called; Pleasures Of The Flesh Festival(Exodus, M O D, Sacred Reich, Paul Di'Anno, Heathen, Zoethrope, Soothsayer, & many more openers). Anyway, he told me they are putting together live footage for an up-coming DVD, to be released around the time they finish, & release their newest studio effort.
So I told him I would hand over all my Heathen tapes, & they can do whatever they want with them. So I guess this means another Bay Area Thrash group is putting out new material, which is what we need more of.............................

That's wicked \m/
...but where the Hell are my people dammit!?! We got some kick ass local bands but no thrash (that I know of). We got plenty of Death Metal tho!! \m/

Cool stuff. A side note, I only recently discovered that Lee and Darren worked with Die Krupps on a couple of their albums. Where have I been?:)

ANGEL WITCH have reformed with yet another lineup — this time featuring a couple of very special surprise "guests".

Joining mainman Kevin Heybourne in the band's latest incarnation are San Francisco Bay Area metal veterans Tom Hunting (drums — EXODUS), Lee Altus (guitar — HEATHEN, DIE KRUPPS), and Jon Torres (bass — WARNING SF, ULYSSES SIREN, LAAZ ROCKIT). Hunting and Torres are no strangers to the ANGEL WITCH camp, having previously played with in a late '80s/early '90s Bay Area-based version of the group that released a critically-acclaimed demo.

According to an official press release, "The new lineup is not just another lineup for ANGEL WITCH — it is the last line-up. ANGEL WITCH are in the process of writing a new album together that will bring ANGEL WITCH back to its roots and back to the metal front.

"ANGEL WITCH will be performing at Bang Your Head 2003 and will be on tour June-August with the NEW line-up. ANGEL WITCH will perform the old ANGEL WITCH classics during this tour. ANGEL WITCH will follow up with an additional tour after the new album is released."

Commented Kevin Heybourne: "I think that fans of ANGEL WITCH will be just as excited as I am with the new lineup and won't be disappointed."