He's really quite yellow, isn't he? (my tale of Heathen Crusade)

EstSide.JPG

Jesus, do those legs end? Wow! :loco:

Dead_Lioness said:
Heyyyyyy I see Sebastian and Tomaz!
and even Kris!
good people!!!!!!

awesome pics... I think my favorite part of this whole thread
is to see people wearing ANCIENT RITES shirts!
way the go guys!
:)

here's my contribution, aka my shameless thread humping:

EstSide.JPG

GREAT pics, MadeInNewJersey!

and Cara...... mm mmmmm mmmm you look lovely m'lady :)

DeadL, I'm "markgugs," you remember me from other forums. That was/is me in the Ancient Rites shirt, btw. Sebastian & Tomasz are my buds :)

Anyway, I didn't know you were there! Now that I've seen this picture, I know I saw you! In fact, I'm 99.9% certain that I drunkenly said "my god, look at that hottie."

:wave:

No? That looks like that barroom outside the concert venue part of Star Central. Plus, that's Kris (kupshi, 1 of the promoters) and Belgar (Sebastian). Maybe it's just a random shot of a show they all were at, dunno...

wait: what? go back to the deflowering thing... :D

Guggs, the wife and I went to see Paganfest at the Blender in NYC last night. Got in there 10 minutes before Moonsorrow... so I can't comment on the Pirate Metal bands that proceeded them (I can't help but giggle a little every time I hear the phrase "Pirate Metal") . Moonsorrow was much more energetic than I recall from HC1. Mitja Harvilahti is especially energetic on stage. Perhaps my memory of their set isn't as vivid as it could be, as the human body was never intended to run on 20+ Red Bull & Grey Geese. I didn't recall that all give guys sing, and it really does make a difference. That said, their sound was unfortunately a bit muddled. Not to the point where it made their set unenjoyable... but given the subtleties of their music, they would benefit more from a crystal clear sound than say an Amon Amarth. Primordial had no such sound issues. Nemtheanga was his typical intense self. The band was tight, energetic and had the crowd very frenzied. We split when their set was over.

Zod

Swashbuckle and Blackguard are garbage. Rest assured, you missed nothing important. Saw Paganfest 2 as Toronto kicked off the tour, and it was quite the experience. Being able to see Primordial, finally, was amazing. Not even sure I can put into words how much that meant.

Sounds like you missed Korpiklaani. Personally, not my sort of band at all, but they are actually pretty good at what they are. A bit too "happy" for my tastes though.

Looking back at this thread, it really drives home what I missed at the first HC (not that I didn't already know.. missing Thyrfing.. :erk:)

Yeah, that's the day I moved into RC. The day I stood by ctthrash and didn't even know it!