Heaven and Hell - Sabbath's best?

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
I just love this album and also this song.

I just found a version with Halford singing it ... quite cool!

But the little midgit with the powerhouse voice is the man on this song! :headbang:

Heaven and Hell is an AMAZING album! I dunno if it's Sabbath's best, but it's my favourite! Neon Knights, Children Of The Sea, Heaven and Hell, Lonely Is The Word, Die Young... so many songs that kick ass! :headbang:

aliasp said:
I just love this album and also this song.

I just found a version with Halford singing it ... quite cool!

But the little midgit with the powerhouse voice is the man on this song! :headbang:

I dont think that it's Sabbaths best, but it is definitely the best Sabbath album not featuring Ozzy. Heaven and Hell saw a kind of epic proto-power metal song arrangement, which is actually very, very cool. Personally, being a doom fan, I prefer first four album Sabbath, but Heaven and Hell is head and shoulders above the quite frankly risible "Never Say Die"...very cool album indeed...:headbang:

I love both "The Mob Rules" and "Heaven and Hell".
Both are "musts" in any metal collection.

Maybe you guys will shoot me for this but I find BS kinda boring.. The Ozzy, and the Ronnie Dio stuff.

Heaven and Hell is a good Sabbath album, and "Neon Knights" has to be among my favorite Sabbath material. But as for Sabbath's best album, one word says it all:

DEHUMANIZER!

black-sabbath-dehumanizer.jpg

I got this past summer, and it's my favorite Sabbath album. I still love the Ozzy-era stuff, but this album was just great. "Computer God", "Time Machine", "Letters from the Earth"... There is not a bad song on the album, and it is just a solid release. Also the most underated Sabbath album, period.

Black Sabbath
Born Again
Cross Purposes
Dehumanizer
Forbidden
Headless Cross
Heaven And Hell
Master Of Reality
Never Say Die!
Paranoid
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Sabotage
Seventh Star
Technical Ecstasy
The Eternal Idol
The Mob Rules
Tyr
Vol. 4

So.. 18 plus some live albums and compilations I think. I might have missed something though.

I always liked Mob Rules much better than Heaven and Hell; The best Sabbath album must be either Paranoid or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

Schurl said:
I always liked Mob Rules much better than Heaven and Hell; The best Sabbath album must be either Paranoid or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

For Ozzy era, Im a big fan of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, but Sabotage pips it at the post for me...the reason ? SYMPTOM OF THE UNIVERSE :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

All Ozzy Sabbath albums are better than what came later. Even Never Say Die and Technical Ecstasy were great albums. It's Allright with Bill Ward singing is my favorite obscure Sabbath song allthough its not very metal.
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: