Heaven & Hell - THIS Sat night....

I hae seen a few vids by them and didnt like it. I have very select taste. I am not the type who can just put on a band because it is metal and like it. I am that way about everything I do and like.

I do know my genres of metal too. I am a very judgemental person.

or the last album, for that matter.....both are crushing f'ing metal, more
metal than 90% of the bullshit floating around these days!!
Everybody lumps MH in the rap/nu metal category because they released 2 shitty albums: Burning Red and Supercharger, but everything else by them is killer. They are better now than their Burn my Eyes days.

NuMetal?!?!? Have you even bothered to listen to the new album?

If you think that's NuMetal, then you don't know your genres!!! :rolleyes: :Smug:

Aren't Machine Head, along with Soulfly, credited as the creators of Nu Metal? I admit, I am not too familiar with their material, except for a few videos and seeing them on Saturday.

If you really want to get technical Faith No More is one of the biggest influences of Korn and numetal in general. So we can plan Mike Patton kind of Nu Metal. I would say Korn, System Of A Down, and Limp Bizkit are right up there along with Rage Against the Machine in some respects.

MH was a big influence, helping along the Pantera "groove metal" bullshit.

Maybe its just me, but I don't see the connection.. I love "groove metal" bands like (Cowboys/Vulgar era) Pantera and Machine Head (except Burning Red & Supercharger). However, I hate Nu-Metal and rap metal. I see them as 2 very different things...

I asked a question. It doesn't have to be responded with "You don't know your shiznit" because you personally don't agree with it.

Commercially, Korn was probably the first Nu Metal band, though before that I had seen that term thrown around to describe Machine Head and Soulfy (from more of an underground perspective)

I wasn't trying to prove any point. Just backing up why others can view them as Nu Metal.

Who wrote those exact words?!

And lighten up!! :cry: :lol:

Oh, and in case you forgot, may I direct you to the left <<<<<

:lol: :lol:

Ok, you didn't say that directly to me, but you inferred it from your reply to Rachel. Whatever. I really don't give a rat's ass. We are talking about Machine Head. I couldn't care less. Just stating that whether you personally agree with it or not, they have been classified as Nu Metal.

Hey Jasonic, at least you didn't say Machine Head was a horrible band. They might have lynched you. I mean really, how dare you express an opinion that differs from that of the majority? :rolleyes:

Sarcasm aside, I consider Machine Head nu-metal as well. I also understand that many bands don't necessarily fall under one genre. There's lots of line-crossing that goes on with in metal. Which is why people get their panties in a bundle over which band fits into which genre.

Hey Jasonic, at least you didn't say Machine Head was a horrible band. They might have lynched you. I mean really, how dare you express an opinion that differs from that of the majority? :rolleyes:

Sarcasm aside, I consider Machine Head nu-metal as well. I also understand that many bands don't necessarily fall under one genre. There's lots of line-crossing that goes on with in metal. Which is why people get their panties in a bundle over which band fits into which genre.

Yeah, it's no big deal at all. I didn't mean to make it seem like a big deal or anything. Machine Head don't fall under one genre I suppose because apparently they have altered their style between albums a few times.