Heaven & Hell - THIS Sat night....

You going to Deep Purple? Two nights at HoB.
The first night is Sunday July 22nd.
(Big night for shows, Mayhem/Nov Doom @ Joe's, Symph X @ Pearl Room)
Id love to see the Purp...its just that the last time I seen them at Loop 97.9 Fest (when it was named "The World") they were sub-par. For some strange and obscure reason they covered Back in Black. Dunno why a legendary band like DP would cover a simple and played out Ac/Dc song, But Im willing to give them another chance at the HOB. Probably a better venue for them anyway considering almost any band would sound good at HOB.

I have never seen "the Purp" :lol:
(Never seen them referred to as such).

I have seen some recent setlists, that made me scratch my head.

DP covering Back in Black is quite odd indeed.

Deep Purple is so underrated.

I'm crossing my fingers that they DON'T reunite with Richie Blackmore again. That could only end badly.

I would love to see them cover Trashed. :lol:

It's true. I have their "Come Hell or High Water" DVD [1992 or 1993, I think], and it owns face. They open with Highway Star, and you don't see Ritchie Blackmore until he appears for the solo for the song. That man can just tear apart the fretboard.

Of course, his ego could feed an entire third world country. :lol:

Both MachineHead & Megadeth kicked ass, but seeing Sabbath with Dio was easily one of my Top 5 concert experiences EVER!!!

I'm still revelling in the memories of my front fuckin row experience (Thanks John for getting those amazing tix!!!)...at least half a dozen times I locked eyes with Dio while throwing him the horns & having him return the horns right back at me with a thumbs up to follow...HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! :headbang: Then, to top it all off...getting the same response from Tony at the end of their set...FAHK YEAH!!!

Then here are 3 choice pics of CRJ hangin' with Rob Flynn backstage...all of the MH guys are fuckin' cool as fuck...and yes, we put the Pfest bug in their ears. :p

CRJ_withRobFlynn.jpg

CRJ_withRobFlynn2.jpg

CRJ_withRobFlynn3.jpg

You know Rob I was thinking Machine Head would be great at Powerfest a couple of days ago. Have them do some kind of special set of old stuff or something. You would almost guarantee a good turn out then because Machine Head has drawing power EVERYWHERE!

Here I thought I was doin' pretty well with having good seats on the floor. I didn't know y'all had front row cuz I saw you guys on the stairs! Sneaky. Rob, I officially hate you. :p

Looks like you guys had a blast back there! Good one on you for throwin' out the Powerfest bug.:kickass:

Oh, and not that you give a rat's ass what I think, but if you are going to have Rob Flynn and Phil Demmel in the house for Powerfest, how about adding VIO-LENCE to the bill??

Oh, and not that you give a rat's ass what I think, but if you are going to have Rob Flynn and Phil Demmel in the house for Powerfest, how about adding VIO-LENCE to the bill??

I know they did some reunited Vio-Lence shows in California maybe a year or so ago inconjunction with the reissues of their old albums. Correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe those were said to be the last Vio-Lence shows ever.

I know they did some reunited Vio-Lence shows in California maybe a year or so ago inconjunction with the reissues of their old albums. Correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe those were said to be the last Vio-Lence shows ever.

Yes, I know. I saw one of the reunion performances at Milwaukee Metalfest, in 2002, I believe. Rob Flynn was not part of this line up.
I think he was in his "jump da phuc up" phase then... :lol:

Thats hilarious because I heard Blackmore's ego is outta hand...I wonder how bad Blackmores Night is, Ive never heard em'

Blackmore's Night is really good, I find myself listening to their material a lot. Under A Violet Moon and Ghost of a Rose are their two albums that I have, and both are really cool IMO. There's a video for Ghost of a Rose that used to be on youtube, you should check it out. :headbang:

Oh, and congrats on a completely awesome time, Rob. :worship:

Did you see Geezer backstage?
I don't get starstruck at all, but I would get a bit giddy if I got to meet one of my fav bassists of all time.

No...that was a bummer too because Sabbath's dressing room was on the opposite end of the arena. :( And I really wanted to meet & hang with Ronnie since he's the one guy in the band that likes to hang & have a few. :kickass:

Oh well, maybe next time. ;)