Heaviest Black Metal Band?

NinjaGeek

Feb 22, 2007
Whats the heaviest black metal band out there? And don't try to sneak in any death metal influenced stuff.

dark funeral maybe?

or:

infernal war
impaled nazarene
marduk

it's hard to get too heavy without becoming something else

Anaal Nathrakh are the only good mention so far.

Endstille sound pretty fucking pissed off and angry to me, dunno if that's what you want.

nope, pissed off and angry has nothing to with heaviness. Heaviness just refers to how deep, and crushing the guitars sound.

yeah AN aren't really black metal, though

somewhat maybe. i don't really know what to call them. MA says black/grind

Watain
Impiety

I have abunch of stuff that was recommended to me by a local metal had here now that I"m getting into black metal, some of it seems a bit obscure but I've hunted down copies and will be buying them on the 21 of August... if any fo them are heavier than the usual B.M will post them here...

Try not to necro threads nearly 10 years old mate.

That said, the heaviest black metal band without going too far into black metal that crosses over to death metal or thrash metal is Mayhem in my opinion.

Reactions: EspaDa
Whats the heaviest black metal band out there? And don't try to sneak in any death metal influenced stuff.

Demon Burger, 100% pure frostbitten Norwegian beef patties preserved on permafrost for a decade, before heating.

I will list a few that come to mind:

Isengard
Burzum
Bathory
Immortal
Dimmu Borgir

That's about it. Black metal is not really a realm in which heaviness is much emphasised, but those bands have a few heavy songs, especially Isengard.