Heaviest Opeth track?

Pretty vague title if you ask me.

That said, The Night and the Silent Water. I can really relate to that song... my grandfather past away about a year ago, and it seems Mikael felt the same way about his grandfather's passing as I do about mine.

I'd say "Wreath", too, because it's just BREEEWWWTAL :heh:
Also some songs from MAYH are really really heavy I think (April Ethereal, The Amen Corner, Karma).
But each of us has another opinion of the word "heavy"...

I'd define heavy as in not only the sound, but the lyrics, and the weight they bring to you as a listener.

Another 'heavy' song I like is Godhead's Lament. Quite possibly the best, in my opinion, track on Still Life.

I gotta agree with Wymrwood on that one. Godhead's Lament has one of the heaviest opening riffs I've ever heard Opeth play. Heir Apparent's def in there, as well as Baying of the Hounds.

Guitar-wise: Baying of the Hounds, Blackwater Park, Heir Apparent
Vocally: Blackwater Park, Heir Apparent, Demon of the Fall, The Grand Conjuration, Wreath
Lyrically: Wreath, Karma, Blackwater Park, Serenity Painted Death, maybe The Leper Affinity

I dont think white cluster is that heavy, although a brilliant song but I kind of appreciate the melody not the heaviness.

Cant believe that more people havent mentioned Serenity painted death

"THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN - JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU - RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA - TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN!!!!!!!"

Heaviest Opeth moment.