DVD concert 3 heaviest songs

Rahan said:
It all depends in the definition of you give to the word Heavy when referring to a song. For some people, Heavy means brutally fast and aggressive like Napalm Death or Krisiun, for some others, Heavy means downtuned and very slow like Solitude Aeturnus or Cathedral. Some others will say that Heavy is rather a compromise between the aforementionned, meaning downtuned and brutal like Obituary or My Dying Bride.

There is also the lyrics content which could turn a ordinary song into a heavy song or vice versa.

For Demon of the Fall and Master Apprentices, I don't consider them as 100% Heavy because they start Heavy but shift slowly into more melodic songs.

Run Away ... Run Away ... is not as Heavy as Morbid Angel's Blessed are the Sick if you know what I mean.

Anyway, back to the topic. The three heavieast Opeth songs per my opinion are (by coincidence) in exact chronological order in their entire discography.

1- Blackwater Park
2- Wreath
3- Deliverance

... End of transmission. :rolleyes:

Blessed are the Sick is not heavy at all.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned April ethereal, that is quite a heavy song, heavier than most songs people here have mentioned, and when people say "i picked these songs because they had the least amount of acoustic sections." Then i can only assume they overlooked this song. April ethereal has about a 5 second acoustic section, only about 10 seconds of singing, and the ending just rocks. My three would be.

1.April Ethereal
2.Demon of the fall
3.Wreath

^^^ for heaviest.

Songs with heavy riffs with a good groove can create extra heaviness, like The Funeral Portrait, Blackwater Park, and Master's Apprentices. Being completely crushing can do it, like The Amen Corner and Demon of the Fall. Songs that feel very dark despite mostly lacking the previous qualities can also be very heavy, such as Forest of October and Black Rose Immortal. Finally, pinch harmonics make anything 100% heavier, as is the case with Serenity Painted Death. I hope you have enjoyed my essay on heaviness.

Just wondering what the flip you guys are talking about. I don't recall hearing mike say any of this stuff on the Lamentations DVD. Are you, perhaps, talking about a new DVD effort under Roadrunner after they buy rights to the old songs?

Oinkness said:
Just wondering what the flip you guys are talking about. I don't recall hearing mike say any of this stuff on the Lamentations DVD. Are you, perhaps, talking about a new DVD effort under Roadrunner after they buy rights to the old songs?

Yes, that's exactly what we're talking about.

T3hLep4rAffinity said:
Yes, that's exactly what we're talking about.
Seriously? Well they would definately have to play demon of the fall, godhead's lament... maybe the moor, forest of october, advent... and their new CD, of course as the opening set.

Oinkness said:
Seriously? Well they would definately have to play demon of the fall, godhead's lament... maybe the moor, forest of october, advent... and their new CD, of course as the opening set.

oh for sure, I heard Fred durst was actually asked to do a guest appearance on the dvd, apparently, to spice up, and give Opeth that X-factor that they're missing, this new dvd should be great.

Faaip De Oiad said:
oh for sure, I heard Fred durst was actually asked to do a guest appearance on the dvd, apparently, to spice up, and give Opeth that X-factor that they're missing, this new dvd should be great.

: O

Kill. Me. Please.