Heaviest Opeth track?

1. Blackwater Park

Right around 5:10 .. when everything comes back in after the slower ambient sounding part and Mike just lets go with that deep low growl until the end of the song..

It never gets old to me..gives me the same feeling I get every time I listen to the opening of Black Sabbath (the song).

then in some other order ..Deliverance and The Grand Conjuration

White faced, haggard grin, this serenity painted death

Do I need say more? Oh yes..

Ripped from my embrace, Melinda reflected in shafts

And of course

Took control, claiming my flesh
Piercing rage, perfect tantrum
Each and every one would die at my hand
Choking in warm ponds of blood

Although not being entirely heavy and brutal tracks, i believe that deliverance and masters apprentices are their heaviest ones(just listen to those opening and closing riffs) :p

I burned each individual song to a CD and determined that they all weigh about the same.

Loads of their heavy songs have those small acoustic breaks, plus they have quite a few songs with heavy riffs but less heavy vocals. Anyway, I'd still say Wreath, maybe, or ..The Leper Affinity, Karma..eugh, pretty much what everyone else said.

For me I'd have to say the beginning of Deliverance, beginning of April Ethereal and When, the end of Karma (always gets me headbanging in my car), The beggining of Masters Apprentices and Wreath. Like people have been saying.........no overall heaviest song, just really heavy parts. THE heavy riff in Hessian Peel rapes skulls!! theres too many tasty heavy riffs to name!!! :kickass:

Heir Apparent - stomps u into the ground :(
Wreath - even the title sounds like "wraaah"
The Grand Conjuration - that riff around 6:30 always somehow reminds me of tearins human flesh...
Blackwater Park and Deliverance or Baying of the Hounds maybe also...

Wreath, most definitely. This song just enters like a storm and completely destroys everything on it’s path, never giving any respite.

Then it is probably Deliverance, By The Pain I See In Others and Heir Apparent.