Heavy tones, patches, presets

I remember when I first started on this forum, and I was just like the OP guy, and I felt butthurt when you guys said all this. But now I have learned that they are completely right. The advice they are giving right now, may make you feel defensive but really......it's the best advice out there especially for your situation. Listen to them, (read) and you will do better than trying to take the easy way "in".

I wasn't just trying to be a dick. But ever since I joined this forum, I saw that if you ask for something, without working at it, you look lazy. Especially if you're a Junior Member, then you look like the lazy newbie producer who just wants to be the next "Joey Sturgis". Maybe posting a link to a song and asking "What can I do to make this sound better?" is the right way to start out. Yes, I use this forum instead of Andy Sneaps because Joey's productions are what I'm into, in a genre sense. And I do idolize him. That's why I got into recording, but I don't wanna be a freak and try to be him. That's just crazy. And to be honest, I just think starting out with a blank chain on Pod Farm is the right starting point. I like getting a tone that works for me. I do use the Cali here and there, but I also use the Angel P Ball and whatever amp suits that band. Just my two cents. Sorry for the rant.

I wasn't just trying to be a dick. But ever since I joined this forum, I saw that if you ask for something, without working at it, you look lazy. Especially if you're a Junior Member, then you look like the lazy newbie producer who just wants to be the next "Joey Sturgis". Maybe posting a link to a song and asking "What can I do to make this sound better?" is the right way to start out. Yes, I use this forum instead of Andy Sneaps because Joey's productions are what I'm into, in a genre sense. And I do idolize him. That's why I got into recording, but I don't wanna be a freak and try to be him. That's just crazy. And to be honest, I just think starting out with a blank chain on Pod Farm is the right starting point. I like getting a tone that works for me. I do use the Cali here and there, but I also use the Angel P Ball and whatever amp suits that band. Just my two cents. Sorry for the rant.

I feel the same way dude. I honestly use amplitube over pod farm sometimes, it's just what suits the mix or not. Joey is the reason that I got into music production and being on this forum has done nothing but help me simply because people don't just post presets. I used to try to take presets I found on the web and add them to my mix, but once your ears actually get trained to look for what you want, you realize that the preset doesn't truly fit.

What I would like to do is give you a small pointer than can most of the time be a good pointer.

Use Tube Screamer, with almost any amp head, it will control and make it sound delicious. Don't use too much gain or drive. Make sure all guitars are always in tuned before every take.

People only get pissed because they work to find that tone your looking for. They work their asses off and still aren't satisfied. Nobody is going to drop a preset to somebody who signs up to the forum and straight up demands for the special cure. Work it out man, theres plenty of information on here, stop being lazy.

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=007593470310830667409:4qw46y8lnza

I find this quite fitting to:

284602_10150247773442677_692847676_7627690_6774515_n.jpg

Bro, some much love for this.

I have all the stuff, GR3 and 4, Amplitube, etc but I really don't know how to get the best from them,

Then you probably shouldn't have purchased all those amp sims. You should have purchased just one and spent the rest of your money researching how to use it properly.
Do you see what I am getting at?