Hell awaits or Reign in blood

Reign in blood is better but if hell awaits was given an overhaul it could be up there with it as its a very clever record,quite intricate.

Gibba said:
Reign In Blood. There is no argument. One of the top ten best metal records of all time.

I actually was just listening to this today. I think this album is responsable for so much of what followed. This album paved the way for many metal acts. I remember when I had this on tape. Both sides of the tape had the entire album on either side. I would listen to it flip it over and listen to it again. Good stuff.

Cincy Vigilante said:
I actually was just listening to this today. I think this album is responsable for so much of what followed. This album paved the way for many metal acts. I remember when I had this on tape. Both sides of the tape had the entire album on either side. I would listen to it flip it over and listen to it again. Good stuff.

In my opinion, Reign in Blood owes a lot to Kreator's Endless Pain which came out the year before Reign did. Endless Pain had the whole speed picking on one string (that would be picked up by Death Metal) that Slayer didn't really have on the first two albums.

Hell Awaits is a great album but when Reign In Blood came out it just blew the roof off everything else.Nobody expected it to be that good,the only drawback on the album is that it was way too short,but it was made up by the quality of songs.I still listen to them both. :headbang:

Reign in Blood
11.gif

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
Hell Awaits is a great album but when Reign In Blood came out it just blew the roof off everything else.Nobody expected it to be that good,the only drawback on the album is that it was way too short,but it was made up by the quality of songs.I still listen to them both. :headbang:

Reign is the PERFECT lenght for an album! No chance to lose the listener's attention!

johnnieCzech said:
Reign In Blood.
NO ONE said Hell Awaits...

OK, then I´m the first one - I listen more often to Hell Awaits because it offers more diversity. But without a doubt Reign In Blood includes with Angel Of Death and Raining Blood the two best Slayer songs ever written and will remain a cult album forever.

no comparison, Reign in Blood is a classic!
Hell Awaits is a good album that was just a step for Slayer, with Reign in Blood they reached their potential!