I'm not all that much of a Slayer fan, but...

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
I must say that Divine Intervention has to be their most underrated album. Of course Reign in Blood is the pinnacle, but imo they haven't done anything decent since Divine. TBH, I'll take Divine over Hell Awaits and South of Heaven any day, and even over Seasons on most days.

i dunno, i find Divine Intervention kinda boring, i think thats why they tried a new style on Diabolos. better than Seasons? thats just crazy talk mister!

Yeah, but I said on MOST days, ;).

But fuckin' Serenity in Murder slays, no pun intended. "Leeeet me take you dooooowwwwn without a sound, dead before you hit the grooouuunnnd"......great dynamics.

My favorite Slayer album. Kerry King just said in an interview that he thought it was their most under appreciated album.

My favorite Slayer album. Kerry King just said in an interview that he thought it was their most under appreciated album.

And it IS their most under appreciated.

When CI came out, many people said it's their best work since Seasons. Hell, what about Divine? CI is nowhere as good as DI. But I'm a Slayer fanboy anyway.

Diabolus has also some nice tunes on it that everyone seems to forget about.

Dittohead and SS-3 = the fucking pwn! The title track sucks in my opinion though.

And Diabolus has Death's head, Love To Hate, and In The Name of God... great songs

Christ Illusion was good, but what about Undisputed Attitude? I think that's underrated too. Different style for them, but great album! Cant Stand You, Ddamm, Guilty of Being White, I Hate You, and one of my all time favorites of theirs Violent Pacification

Christ Illusion was good, but what about Undisputed Attitude? I think that's underrated too. Different style for them, but great album! Cant Stand You, Ddamm, Guilty of Being White, I Hate You, and one of my all time favorites of theirs Violent Pacification

You do know that it's a cover album, right? ;)

"Ddamm" and "Can't Stand You" are leftovers from a punk side project of Hanneman and Lombardo. "Gemini" is the only genuine Slayer song on that record. That being said, I really like those hardcore-punk classics being slayerized but I can understand why people skip over it when talking about Slayer's back catalog.