Hello and a quick Audiosuite question ...

Skinny Viking

¯\(°_o)/¯ How do Lydian?
Oct 10, 2007
Philly
www.facebook.com
Hey everyone

I've been creeping around on this site for quite a while now and figured might as well try getting involved. First of all I really really want to say thanks to everyone for the huge amount of insight and knowledge that is shared. I'm a complete amatuer with all of this stuff but with all of the great tips and advice I've seen passed around on here, I have seriously learned a lot. Oh and a quick hello to James Murphy who I had the chance to work with on a limited basis a couple years ago when doing a lead for a band he was recording.

Ok enough rambling ... was hoping someone could provide a little insight to this. I've been curious how much, if any, difference there is when bouncing a track with let's say a RTAS compressor as opposed to just processing the track with the Audiosuite version. I did a search and looked through a few things on here and found one thread from a while ago where this question was asked, but it was dealing with EQ. Somewhere within the replies to that question, someone had mentioned that there may not be a difference between EQs (bouncing vs processing via audiosuite) but that there was a difference in the result when doing this with a compressor plugin. Thing is, no one seemed to make any further comments about that statement and I was wondering if anyone here could please share their thoughts on this.

Thanks a million guys
Cheers!:kickass:

Hi,
I also wondered about this a couple of years ago and decided to do a quick test. I didn't notice a difference. Or the difference was so small it clearly wasn't audible. I never though about this since... I haven't seen discussions about this issue on the bigger forums either, so I guess it's safe to assume that bouncing and processing with Audiosuite produce the same result. Anyone else?

Hey thanks for the reply! I did a couple of quick tests myself and honestly I didn't really hear a difference either but then again, my monitors are not very good. I think I was also TRYING to hear a difference, so after a few listens I didn't know if I should trust my ears anymore. Just trying to be careful since I've got some large sessions building up and my CPU is telling me to stick it up my ass! Anything I can do to free up some processing power ;) Thanks again ...

Kippis!:kickass: