Hello! Fairly new Evergrey fan here

StrahmCallin

New Metal Member
Apr 8, 2009
Well I shouldn't say that, I actually found Recreation Day back in '04 and really liked it, I'd first heard Evergreay in prolly 1999 or so on a promo sampler and honestly didnt care for them much. But Recreation Day was really good. I'd been meaning to get some of their CD's for some time cause I liked Recreation Day, just one of those things with all the bands, good albums, and bad economy, I never did. So recently, I got "Torn" and "The Inner Circle" now again, I am a pretty new fan but I can tell these 2 albums are totally different in style. I love them both actually for what they are. Torn is more agraessive and straight forward, where as The Inner Circle is a concept album about cults, that is very intracate and almost symphonic at times. :kickass: lol no real point to this post, just to say I've fairly newly discovered Evergrey and these dudes do rock.

You should really buy in search of truth when your economy allows you to :) Awesome album as well!

Welcome to the Clan of (IMO) the BEST metal band out there!

They have such peculiar characteristics that distinguish from all other bands...
Like the incredible emotional load trough Tom Englund's voice, the extraordinary complex of harmonys and melodies in their music or their accuracy as musicians!

If you want heavy stuff, take Inner Circle, or if you prefer modern and melodic stuff in perfect balance with heavy stuff, like me, take the extraordinary Monday Morning Apocalypse, the best of all!

Again,
Welcome to the Clan!

For the recomendations and welcome! :kickass: I've heard a bit of In Search of Truth, it seems a bit heavier and darker then their newer stuff which is pretty cool. Also, I've heard some of Monday Morning Apocolypse. I love the title track and some of the piano stuff on that album. I'll definitely have to check more out either online or compliments of Barack Obama's stimulus package. As for now, it's tough for me to say which I like better between Torn and Inner Circle honestly. I can see the reason for the debate about Torn on this forum, cause it's a bit different for them. The songs are more straight-forward, less intricate. Personally, that's why it's a tough call for me because it's like I love the whole concept thing they do with Inner Circle, but I also like the more straight forward in your face style of Torn. Very talented band, I hope they can maybe do a tour in America, I dunno if they ever have before? Take care guys and thank you for the welcoming. :headbang: