So, what do you think of the new album??

Xenoslayer33

New Metal Member
Feb 23, 2006
I've been a die hard fan of EG for many years now, and I consider In Search of Truth, The Inner Circle and Recreation day to be their best work. I thought Monday Morning Apocalypse was very lacking.

I'm curious to see what all you fans think of Torn. How does it compare to past EG records?

i personally think evergrey have really evolved with this new album. they still have the trademark sound but now with Jari Kainulainen on bass it sounds more dynamic.. i love the inner circle but torn i think has overtaken it..but in my eyes any song evergrey makes is killer..no filler tracks with the grey :headbang:

I'm a die hard EG fan too. And I have to say that EVERY album is great. In my opinion, they do always great work even it's not the work that WE expect. But this isn't really important. They have to do what they want to do. And not what WE want them have to do. The new album is hard stuff for me, not easy to get in. But I like it and I know I will start loving it soon.
Even Monday Morning Apocalypse is great for me. It's just straight but it has a great feeling for me. It sounds fresh and full of emotions. I Should touched me very deep. The lyrics could have come from myself. Even Closure.
Sure noone must love everything what they do, but reconsider yourself if you're really that die-hard fan if you're thinking they have to do always what we expect. ;-)

Anyway, Torn is a great album! And I'm happy for EG that it is so succesful the first weeks. #4 in the swedish album charts!!! GREAT!
My favorite of this album is Caught In A Lie and Fear.

One of this year's best. I like that it's not so immediately accessible. Makes for more enjoyable repeat listens. I enjoy Monday Morning Apocalypse, mainly for the perfect songwriting and great vocals, not so much for the individual instrumentation and riffs. Torn has the band displaying that same impeccable song writing proficiency, but with stronger riffs and solos --it's more metal. Tom's vocals are beyond reproach, as always.

Edit: By the way, anyone else think that this is Jonas Ekdahl's best drum performance so far? I can't imagine anyone doing a better or more appropriate job than he did on Torn.