Hello from Isle of Palms, SC

HobbesDawg

Stuck in Utah
Sep 16, 2003
Salt Lake City, UT
Hey all,

So as I relax here, in the lovely air-conditioned beach house, away from the overwhelming humidity and heat I thought I'd borrow the mom in laws lap top and say hi and hope all are doing well.

The sun, surf, and sand are all nice, tho the humidity is much more than I counted on (even tho it's only mid to high 80s, to me, the humidity makes it feel much hotter than SLC at 100) but we're still having a fun time and I'm getting tan, even on my lily white legs. hehe

Up the irons and rock on and hope all ya all are having a good week.

Cheers from da 'dawg.

Hey Hobbsey! Sounds like a wonderful vacation - I hear SC is beautiful. And to me, the humidity sounds loverly! :cool: I've always preferred it to dry heat. That's my only complaint about CA even though it does have a humid moment or 2 on occasion. Must be the East Coast girl in me!

Post some pix if ya can! :)

This is the first time I've ever heard someone say they actually preferred humidity. :zombie:

Yea - it's crazy but it's true!! :lol: But it sounds like I'm not alone! Everytime I go back East I sit outside as much as I can and soak it all in while everyone else is hanging with the AC. Of course, I'm sure it's much more enjoyable when you're by the beach..... like lucky Hobbes and his missus!

Yea - it's crazy but it's true!! :lol: But it sounds like I'm not alone! Everytime I go back East I sit outside as much as I can and soak it all in while everyone else is hanging with the AC.

Count me in Aja. I'm an old Louisiana swamp rat and low humidity really messes me up. I've been to Arizona a couple of times and just cannot take it for more than a couple of days. We get Santa Ana's and I get nosebleeds.

High humidity, bah, it's just wet air suck it up. :loco: People pay a grip to go to a sauna and down south it's free. :lol:

Jim

I love humidity cause then it means that rain is in the air. Spent the 4th in luscious green Wisconsin. Had some nice big rain soaking thunderstorms... Heaven is what that is..