Hello guys; questions for Chris.

M

metalund

Hey guys. My name is Lincoln. Couple of reasons why I signed up here: a) I heard there were some hints of civilization on Chris' forums and b) I heard Megadeth are touring down here in Australia later this year and perhaps my prospects of meeting Chris might improve slightly due to being a forum member (long shot but what the hell).

Before I post a few questions for Chris that I hope to have answered, I would like to take this opportunity to confess this epic man-crush I have on the dude. lol. Here goes:

1)I've read somewhere that you're an electrical engineer. If that information is correct, being a mechatronics student myself in my 3rd year of study, I would like to know how you managed your time with playing guitar/sports/fitness while at the same time committing to one of the harder degrees out there. I have not performed so well in the semester that just passed and I find it just comes down to a lack of time management skills. Any insight you provide will be much appreciated (how many hours of what etc).

2) When you were a kid, did you in your wildest dreams think you'd be playing for megadeth? What was your initial reaction and what was the reaction from your folks like?

3) How much cardio do you do and how often?

Can't really think of any more. Hopefully Chris has the time to reply. Looking forward to seeing you in Brisbane, Chris! I've read that you don't drink beer, so when you come down here I'll be glad to share a protein shake with you :)

Hey guys. My name is Lincoln. Couple of reasons why I signed up here: a) I heard there were some hints of civilization on Chris' forums and b) I heard Megadeth are touring down here in Australia later this year and perhaps my prospects of meeting Chris might improve slightly due to being a forum member (long shot but what the hell).

Before I post a few questions for Chris that I hope to have answered, I would like to take this opportunity to confess this epic man-crush I have on the dude. lol. Here goes:

1)I've read somewhere that you're an electrical engineer. If that information is correct, being a mechatronics student myself in my 3rd year of study, I would like to know how you managed your time with playing guitar/sports/fitness while at the same time committing to one of the harder degrees out there. I have not performed so well in the semester that just passed and I find it just comes down to a lack of time management skills. Any insight you provide will be much appreciated (how many hours of what etc).

2) When you were a kid, did you in your wildest dreams think you'd be playing for megadeth? What was your initial reaction and what was the reaction from your folks like?

3) How much cardio do you do and how often?

Can't really think of any more. Hopefully Chris has the time to reply. Looking forward to seeing you in Brisbane, Chris! I've read that you don't drink beer, so when you come down here I'll be glad to share a protein shake with you :)

Hey Metalund,

hopefully we can meet while Megadeth is in Austrailia. To answer your questions:

1: I am not an electrical engineer, It's just something that I love. Playing with circuits and components try to get electricity to do what you want it to. If I did have the time I would go back to college and get my degree in that field.

2: No (Ahahaha), I was always a realist and knew the odds of making a living in music, but I always knew I loved playing the guitar and never turn down opportunities.

3: Lately I have been alternating one hour every other day with a half hour and my site ups the other day on a 6 day split.

Well I might pass on the protien drink, but coffee will do.

Take care, Chris.

I just have one question for you. I remember reading a while back in a Guitar World column that you were experimenting with thumb picks for sweeping and tapping, so you didn't have to find a place to hide the pick when you started tapping. Do you still do this? I'm interested because someone on a different forum asked if anyone successfully played shred style guitar with thumb picks, and I mentioned you, but I hadn't heard anything about it for a while.
Thanks

I just have one question for you. I remember reading a while back in a Guitar World column that you were experimenting with thumb picks for sweeping and tapping, so you didn't have to find a place to hide the pick when you started tapping. Do you still do this? I'm interested because someone on a different forum asked if anyone successfully played shred style guitar with thumb picks, and I mentioned you, but I hadn't heard anything about it for a while.
Thanks
yes, I still use them but am developing my own so it should work even better.

Take care, Chris.

One of my friends uses a picking technique where he positions his hand just like he would with a pick, but he doesn't actually use one. So he's using the edge of his thumb/index finger to strike the strings. He can sweep and tremolo pick and do advanced stuff just as well as I can, but he didn't pick it up from anyone famous, he just does it because he's too cheap to buy picks, and he taps a lot so he doesn't want to have to stash them somewhere when does tapping with 6+ fingers.

Have you ever tried this, or seen anyone else do it? Its kinda different, and I'm wondering if anyone influential(yourself included) does it.