Hello...Whats your fav Anthrax album?

STOMP was the album that I first got of Anthrax and if you read the reviews about it by some critics anybody would think the CD is more useful as an ashtray! But their all wrong!! Stomp 442 is absolutely phenomenal and is at boiling point through most of the CD!! I've never been to an Anthrax concert before but if I ever do I wouldn't at all mind if they played Stomp from start to finish. That would be killer! I can't understand why SOWN did 1,4 milion and then Stomp only went on to sell 80 000. It boggles my mind!! These are the Anthrax CD's I now own..Stomp, SOWN, Vol8 (you can get it at 101cd.com), Among the living and Live: the island years . As you can see I've got a lot of research to do ( I've got to buy more earlier albums).
And fuck yeah, I'll definitely be buying the new album for sure!
If Scott says it's gonna be better than vol8 I'm gonna cream in my pants! :lol:

Bush era: I actually like Stomp the best! It is non-stop heavy. Some people think it has too much filler, but for the greatest of great tunes on Vol. 8, there are a couple on there that I don't particularly dig (born again idiot, p&v)

Blowadonna: POT or ATL. Either way, the songs sound better with Bush when they play them live.

I don't particularly dig (born again idiot, p&v)

No way. Born Again Idiot is one of the best songs on Vol. 8.
It's got that killer mosh part in the middle.

:headbang: Dunnana-dunnana-dunnana-dun:headbang:
:headbang: dunnana-dunnana-dunnana-dun:headbang: :headbang:

I'm glad quite a few of you dig stomp as much as I do. That album has John singing at his best!! He sings well again on Vol8 but I thoght he did a bit too much shouting on that album. Let's just admit it John's a better singer than shouter or screamer!

ALL HAIL JOHN BUSH

I agree matter, Stomp 442 is a incredible album, one which never gets old to me. I also totally enjoy Johns Screams, Shouts, and pure singing! I don't think I'll ever be able to choose a favorite between Volume 8 and Stomp 442, or Sound of White Noise for that matter!

I just got Volume 8 and it rocks! I only have that, SOWN, Killer B's and Killer A's, so right now I would say Volume 8.

Anyone know why any swear words in the songs on Volume 8 are cut out? Seems kinda odd to me. Also noticed that on Killer A's.

I didn't even know that an editted version existed. That sucks!!!

I always thought it was shitty to have an separate version of Attack of the Killer B's with no Startin' Up a Posse...very ironic censoring out a song about censorship.

Absolutely. It's like putting a fig leaf over all the great works of art. It's not what the artist intended when they painted the nude.

I realize Anthrax/their label did it to get sales in places where the album wouldn't be sold otherwise, but it goes against everything that Startin Up a Posse was all about.

I think every band releases censored versions (where applicable) because I know I've come across hundreds since those dumb little stickers came out. I always buy the ones with the stickers, means you're gonna get cussed out!! :lol: Seriously, I like to hear music the way it was intended to be heard (by the band who made it), not the way some uptight fuckwad political activist thinks it should be heard. But Wal-Mart and KMart will always have their issues...

Yep, it's true! Edited versions do exist! I remember when I bought Attack of the Killer B's back in the day and a couple of my friends that weren't even Anthrax fans listened to my copy and loved it so a couple of them ran out to buy it. I remember hearing my friend Jasons version, and he was like "I can't believe it , I just purchased a edited version!" I remember how shocked I was, and I could only think "God, it may be swearing but that's how it's suppose to sound!, That's how the band wanted us to hear it!" Imagine if Van Gough, or Mozart had edited version released of their paintings or music!

"Horror of it all"

Originally posted by augdawg2
I think you may have purchased edited versions crossman! I'm sorry, but hey, at least you have the albums.!

Cheerz!
weird though, because on 'P&V" on my copy when he says the line, "because i'm motherfuckin' fortified" motherfuckin' is not listed in the lyrics and sounds like it may be blurted out, but nothing else on teh disc is censored. all the assholes, goddamns, etc... are intact.