Hellraiser C-1 vs LTD H-1001

gixxsta04

Nov 27, 2010
Ditched the idea of a 7 string. Just gonna get a 6 and tune it low. Anyhow, now I'm torn between the hellraiser and the ltd h-1001. I prefer the neck profile of the LTD but I just don't think it has as thick and heavy of a body as the hellraiser and lacks sustain. Any opinions on this? I have no way of comparing the guitars side by side.

the 2010 ltds and schecter c1 hellraisers are exactly the same except for 2 small things inlays and the binding on the hellraisers is black vs white so the outer most binding is black on the hellraisers and ESP's its white otherwise those two guitars are the same i even think the 2010/2011 esp ltD H series have the same neck now the 2009 models are diffrent i believe

I'm really not a fan of the Hellraisers - they're covered in thick paint and feel like they're made of plastic. Hellraiser, because of the body shape and thickness, won't be as defined or tight as the H, either.

The best way really is to try and find a way to play both, even if you can't play them side by side. I tried both in different music stores on the same day, and I ended up choosing the Hellraiser C-1 because I personally liked the feel of that guitar more. They were both excellent guitars, though, but I think which one gets the upper edge might depend more on personal preferences than anything. Good luck!

I'm really not a fan of the Hellraisers - they're covered in thick paint and feel like they're made of plastic. Hellraiser, because of the body shape and thickness, won't be as defined or tight as the H, either.
Both myself and a friend of mine (independently) had the same opinion playing Hellraisers in the store. It could be we played bum instruments or simply that they weren't for us. I was just really surprised b/c they are such darlings on this forum.

Not a fan of the sharp edge the Schecters have on their bodies. Becomes kind of a pain when you play one for an extended period.

Another LTD vote here. Mine was stolen many years back at a gig, but as I recall it was a good guitar. I think the necks are thinner than the C-1's- not sure but if you dont like fat necks, don't get a Schecter.

i think you chaps don't understand that the 2010 H series is exactly the same as the hellraisers everythings been changed i played both and they feel identical now or at least the ones i played do but they changed more then the headstock for 2010.

now if were talking MH-1000 vs hellraisers thats a bit diffrent those still feel like ESP's

Well I ordered both. Got a used Hellraiser from guitar center for $450 shipped that is supposed to be in new condition. I also ordered a brand new h-1001 from musicians friend in black cherry for $474.99:eek: Guess I'll see which one I like better and send the other one back.

i think you chaps don't understand that the 2010 H series is exactly the same as the hellraisers everythings been changed i played both and they feel identical now or at least the ones i played do but they changed more then the headstock for 2010.

now if were talking MH-1000 vs hellraisers thats a bit diffrent those still feel like ESP's

They are very similar but I still think the hellraiser is a bit thicker and has shorter horns. The hellraiser has 81tw & 89 Pickups. H-1001 has 81/85. H-1001 also comes with an earvana compensated nut. If you look closely, the string through holes on the hellraiser are staggered, on the h they are inline.

Another LTD vote here. Mine was stolen many years back at a gig, but as I recall it was a good guitar. I think the necks are thinner than the C-1's- not sure but if you dont like fat necks, don't get a Schecter.
I don't like fat necks (been an Ibanez user for many years), I got a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 and I don't find it thick at all. And I am loving that guitar. The only bad thing is the forearm pain caused by the body shape, how did they not realize about this already? All Ibanez are cut in that area so that you don't feel like your forearm is getting amputated after 3 or 4 hours of playing.

They are very similar but I still think the hellraiser is a bit thicker and has shorter horns. The hellraiser has 81tw & 89 Pickups. H-1001 has 81/85. H-1001 also comes with an earvana compensated nut. If you look closely, the string through holes on the hellraiser are staggered, on the h they are inline.

The H also still has a slightly thinner neck profile, and the neck is maple

And I'm pretty sure the forearm discomfort is par for the course on any carved-top guitar; usually only flat-tops have the forearm cut

Well the verdict is in...UPS dropped the Hellraiser off today. I don't think it is any heavier or thicker than the LTD and it doesnt play or sound any better. The one I received is opaque black and I could swear the transparent red one I played at Guitar Center is 30% heavier. My only guess is that they save the really good, solid cuts of wood for the transparents as you will see it through the finish. This black one must just be full of primer and filler under all that thick plastic'y paint:D. Anyhow, it was supposed to come with coil-splittable EMG's and it has standard 81/85. Needless to say, I'm pissed and its going back tomorrow. Looks like H-1001 it is!

Well the verdict is in...UPS dropped the Hellraiser off today. I don't think it is any heavier or thicker than the LTD and it doesnt play or sound any better. The one I received is opaque black and I could swear the transparent red one I played at Guitar Center is 30% heavier. My only guess is that they save the really good, solid cuts of wood for the transparents as you will see it through the finish. This black one must just be full of primer and filler under all that thick plastic'y paint:D. Anyhow, it was supposed to come with coil-splittable EMG's and it has standard 81/85. Needless to say, I'm pissed and its going back tomorrow. Looks like H-1001 it is!
That's because you got a pre-2009 model. I have a c1 hellraiser from 2007 and it comes with 81/85 and grover tuners, the new ones come with those 85/89 and schecter locking. Not sure if that's any better or not.

That's because you got a pre-2009 model. I have a c1 hellraiser from 2007 and it comes with 81/85 and grover tuners, the new ones come with those 85/89 and schecter locking. Not sure if that's any better or not.

Yes, I am aware that the older models had 81/85's. Before I bought it I asked the salesman if it had push/pull coil tap. He said, "Yes it does". I said "sir can you please pull out on the knobs just to verify?" He said "I'm pulling out on them right now"

Goddamn liar! I oughtta fuck his girlfriend and not pull out!

Yes, I am aware that the older models had 81/85's. Before I bought it I asked the salesman if it had push/pull coil tap. He said, "Yes it does". I said "sir can you please pull out on the knobs just to verify?" He said "I'm pulling out on them right now"

Goddamn liar! I oughtta fuck his girlfriend and not pull out!
He probably thought "just send this asshole an old one, he will probably end up sticking with it" hahaha. Anyhoo, what's so cool about the push-pull thing? I've never tried one with that stuff

These are pretty much the same guitars I'm debating over once I'm done debating whether or not to get a new guitar or bass first.
I have a feeling I'll end up getting the LTD for the slightly thinner neck, though. The only thing I don't like about both is the headstock, but that's no biggie.

I also dont think these chaps know that both companies are owned by Makoto Suzuki, and are made in the same factory. also ESP started the H series before schecter started crafting their own guitars. plus im pretty sure Hellraisers didnt start showing up until after Mr.Suzuki bought schecter. I would just think that since they are both owned by the same guy, he would put a little bit of a better job into both companies, instead of making 3 decent Schecters out of every 40... every ESP ive ever played felt great and just as good as a previous one (unless there was a major issue), there has only been one schecter that ive ever enjoyed playing, and it felt like i had about 60 pounds strapped on my body, so i never bought it.