help! different sound superior drummer (direct and apply to midi)

Sep 15, 2008
Hi!
I have a "problem" with ezdrummer/superior drummer.
i apply superior drummer to midi track and open superior drummer graphic programm, i choose snare i like and I BEAT SNARE like this:
2mdm7g2.jpg

at this moment, i like snare beat sound, but.......

when i play midi track, superior drummer is a bit different...:(
when i beat snare without playing midi sound great but when i play midi with superior drummer applied snare sound is a bit different...

help,

On your MIDI track make sure the notes you programmed are at close to full velocity (127 being the highest possible). Cubendo has a default of like 100 I think, so the hits will be much lighter than when you are clicking on the drum in the GUI.

~006

Yep, thats it, the snare will sound different at different speeds. But thats a good thing

On your MIDI track make sure the notes you programmed are at close to full velocity (127 being the highest possible). Cubendo has a default of like 100 I think, so the hits will be much lighter than when you are clicking on the drum in the GUI.

~006

where i change this velocity in nuendo?

I'm sure the manual or the program's help menu can explain that. But...in Cubase it's in the same window where you program the hits. Should be at the bottom.

~006

i think it is the same as in cubase.

in the midi editing window-->at the top you should be able to see a box for the insert velocity. (that is, what the standard velecoty is when you insert the note)

on the bottom, you can adjust each midi note's velocity

if i were you, i would set it up to insert at full velocity, 127, and then change things up slightly to make it not as robotic

(I am not by my system with cubase so sorry if i forgot something)

i think it is the same as in cubase.

in the midi editing window-->at the top you should be able to see a box for the insert velocity. (that is, what the standard velecoty is when you insert the note)

on the bottom, you can adjust each midi note's velocity

if i were you, i would set it up to insert at full velocity, 127, and then change things up slightly to make it not as robotic

(I am not by my system with cubase so sorry if i forgot something)

i tried to do that and works (not totally)...
look:
30adekw.jpg

i had to go to menu, MIDI/Functions/determine speed and all everything was put to 127 and sound like GUI, perfect!!!!!

BUT..it´s impossible for me change individual hits, i only can change up box and it affects all drum hits...:(

somebody can help me?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: yes, i'm spanish and logically that is my default languague.

Zack Uidl: thanks for the help, i'll try that when i am at home.:D

Hey dude, I got your PM

Basically, I adjust most of the velocities after. I honestly don't do a tone of velocity changes on kick and snare or toms, just some slight changes. It is up to you though. It will sound more realistic if you change all the velocities slightly, but in my opinion, it is not necessary. The main thing that I change velocity on is cymbals and during faster drum fills. Without that, it will sounds like a robot :)

That is just me though, you want the velocities in general to be high (127 about)

Hope that helps, take care

I no i'm 5 months late and you've proberly realised this by now but i thought i would go ahead and say this incase anyone searching the internet stumbles across this thread like i did;

You have the snare on the wrong track, misleading i know but 'acoustic snare' (D1) is a different type of hit on the snare, i went through the keyboard and found that for me 'Low Agogo' (G#3) was the snare sample that should be playing.

I hope this helps someone